cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matogar
Adept I

RX 6800 XT hiccups with Warezone (season 3)

Hi All,

I may please need some help. When playing Warzone season 3 at 2k resolution with all at maximum, the experience is not fluid, the game has like constant hiccup every few seconds and I don't understand why since by looking at the stats, the graphic card, processor, etc, does not look streesed at all.Screenshot.jpg

In the screenshot you can see the GPU utilization (second row) is jumping up and down constantly, as the GPU Clock does as well (third row), these are weird to me. Comsumption (fourth row) is less than the half of the capacity (around 280W). Temps look very stable and low.

My computer setup:

-AMD PowerColor Dragon RX 6800 XT (SAM on, PCI 4.0, latest AMD drivers)

-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8 cores, 16 threads @  4.7Ghz)

-Memory RAM 32 GB @ 3600Mhz

-NVME 1TB PCI 4.0

-Mother Board AORUS Elite v2 (PCI 4.0) latest BIOS update

-Monitor Dell 2K @ 75 Hz (FreeSynch on)

-OS Windows 10 up to date

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Solutions
marndog
Adept I

Installing drivers only cleared up some stuttering for me on warzone. Still get spikes of stuttering here and there but it's not as bad as it was. YouTube how to install amd drivers only without softwar. Its pretty easy to do and might be worth trying. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

I have just tried with the latest Adrinaline (fresh install) 21.6.1 and after 10 minutes playing no any hiccups!

I will continue testing, but just wanted to share.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Hypster
Journeyman III

I had same problems.

Solved by modifier this game file:

Go into Documents > Call of Duty ModernWarefare > Players > adv.options.ini

Change Videomemoryscale to 0.65 (try or downing to 0.55)

Change Rendereworkercount to number of you cpu cores (for example in my case 8 for 3700x)

Save file Read-only mode.

Bye.

0 Likes

Other question?

Memory ram is overclocked by bios to 3600mhz?

0 Likes

P.s:

your monitor is poor compared to the rest of the components of your pc. Why only 75hz?

You don't need a 6800xt with this monitor.

0 Likes

Thanks so much for your answer, I will try and will come back.

Memory is overclocked in the BIOS with the XMP feature. I bought it with this clock speed accepted by manufacturer.

Regarding the monitor, I know the graphic card is way better than the monitor, but I will have a graphic card working for so many years when games become more demanding with the same monitor at 75Hz.

0 Likes

Solved?

0 Likes

Hi

unfortunately it did not. It continuous going up and down not stable.

0 Likes
marndog
Adept I

Installing drivers only cleared up some stuttering for me on warzone. Still get spikes of stuttering here and there but it's not as bad as it was. YouTube how to install amd drivers only without softwar. Its pretty easy to do and might be worth trying. 

0 Likes

Thanks a lot.

I have uninstalled the AMD Adrenaline software and installed ONLY the drivers. I will try today and will come back.

0 Likes

one major issue I've noticed with the 6000 series, is you have to burn in specially the aftermarket ones with like 3lbs of heatsink j/k , try running some BURN in software for an hour or so then let it cool turn off the PC let it sit and do it again... 2nd time you should see some stabilization its the 7nm i know it...

0 Likes

After a couple of days... I have tried installing only the drivers (without the adrenaline software) and uninstalling Parsec software and now it goes like a charm

0 Likes

Unfortunately hiccups are coming back. I don't know why now...

0 Likes
ghost117
Journeyman III

I have the same problem.

Do not use  latest AMD drivers( Adrenalin 21.5.2 Optional This is  beta drivers)

Rollback Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL)

0 Likes

Thank you very much. I will try with those drivers.

0 Likes

No luck, same problem...

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

Looks like power supply,,, once u get a 1000watt 80+Gold all problems go away.

I have same setup kinda

5800x

XFX 6800

B550 MSI Nitro

16Gb CL16 3800Mhz 

1000W 80+Gold  92 Amps PCIE rails...

150 to 200 Fps Max settings 1440p 

I have a Gigabyte P750GM 80 Plus Gold.

750W should be more than enough, specially since I have the computer with a smartplug and the compsutio mesured by the plug is around 300W.

By taking the vertical sync off, then it goes up to around 500W and 150 FPS average with all max out, so still enough watts available.

0 Likes

I have just tried with the latest Adrinaline (fresh install) 21.6.1 and after 10 minutes playing no any hiccups!

I will continue testing, but just wanted to share.

Unfortunately, hiccups are coming back

It was too good to be true...

0 Likes

I have no idea what to do. I even added two additional fans to the case and now temps are even lower. However I still have hiccups.

0 Likes