cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Loiz
Journeyman III

Rx 6800 poorly performing+crashes+black screen

Right, so i've browsed a lot of forums and tech supports about the rx 6800, and found that a lot of people are experiencing the overpriced graphics card extremely poorly. It started about two weeks ago when i booted after reseating the ram due to underperformance cpu, which btw solved the extreme cpu bottle neck i had, didn't change anything else. BUT when booting up my secondary screen didn't get input.

So i tried to restart both the computer and the monitor, nothing. I went to fiddle with the bios for a solution, nothing. Changing the port, input, cable, monitor both on the desktop/gpu and the monitors, you guessed it, nothing. The bios version should be correct since i updated it when building the computer from scratch late december. At first i thought it was a drivers issue since that's the most logical other explanation, but last week it got the first update (gpu drivers) but nothing changed.

I'm kinda desperate due to the fact that it's not the screen (it works when changing computer) and not the cables, so it has got to be the computer (rx 6800, r9 5900x, 32gb ram, asus tuf 570x, corsair gold 750w, 2tb ssd+1tb hdd) The closest relating issue on this forum is that it could be something wrong with the ram, but i wont go and buy a new 250 usd pair of 16gb sticks just cuz it might be the issue.

Input? HELP!!! 

0 Likes
2 Replies
jlangley124
Adept I

I'm going to guess there is a problem with the 5900x and some Radeon 6800's (XT in my situation). I have been having issues on a new build involving a 5900x that I purchased at Micro Center with an Asrock Taichi motherboard.  Some of the guys on the sales floor blamed the Taichi motherboard so I purchased a slightly more expensive Gigabyte Aurous Master B550. Same issue (green screen).  Conventional wisdom might tell you it's a power delivery issue, I doubt it, I have and EVGA Supernova 850 G2. Long story short, I've replaced every power delivery / data cable, disconnected every drive,. peripheral,  3 different sets of RAM and even bought a new power supply.

Here's what does work, me putting my son's RTX 3070 into my computer and my MSI 6800xt gaming x trio works fine in his ryzen 5600x / steel legend build with a 13 yr old 650 watt PSU.  He has 0 issues, and as long as the 3070 is in my computer, I have 0 issue other than I'm losing 50-100fps in games.

0 Likes
jlangley124
Adept I

After working on this for about 4 days, I might have found some stability.  I changed the Load Line calibration for the CPU and the SOC to "Performance" or high.  I also manually set the SOC voltage to 1.25. I dont know if the combination of changes are responsible or 1 specific, but I'm currently stable. I was able to complete TimeSpy stress test with a 98+% score. Also ran TimeSpy in ultra. I would instantly get a green screen / reboot when the tests would load.  I'll comment back after more testing 

0 Likes