cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Reanu_Keeves
Adept I

rx 6800 blackscreening shortly after starting game.

This might be an issue with the latest windows updates as I haven't had any problems up until the recent ones(the last two weeks from 6/28/2021). I've also rolled back to the April driver updates for amd. I've done all I can think of to at least somewhat narrow down the problem. 

My computer functions normally outside of me starting a game from any library. Once started the screen will immediately go black or give a few seconds of picture before blackscreening. It will repeat the latter if I leave the focus of the game window and enter it again. 

I've tried everything I can think of. Minimum clock setting etc. I tried to roll back the recent windows updates but my machine would still have them after using the windows update uninstaller in the settings. Pretty frustrating. 

Anyway, the only way I could fix this was by having the fps, gpu, and cpu usage tracker as part of the xbox app hud constantly pinned to the screen. A hacky way to get past the glich but at least I can play now. I'm sure it would work with other background tracking huds but I haven't tested them. 

If anyone has a solution for this issue outside of my hack I'd really appreciate it. Thank you

3 Replies
brooks_jedi
Journeyman III

I have a similar issue with my rx580, black screen after any game, then fine then black screen until I go into windowed mode. Nothing I do helps at all. I can only play every game windowed, even then I get random screen tearing. This all happened after a windows update back in march.

Reanu_Keeves
Adept I

The hack no longer works. Someone please help me

0 Likes

So I found another work around. My monitor has a 165 hrz refresh rate. If I switch in my windows settings to a smaller refresh rate (it seems like any will work) then back the problem disappears. It reappears after waking from sleep mode. Although the blackscreening has stopped temporarily, I have audio issues randomly appear and disappear while gaming

0 Likes