cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Legion9870
Adept I

RX 6700XT Red Devil driver timeout, how long will it take ???

I saved money for 5 years and bought this card for a lot of money, and for what? to constantly watch the driver timeout? Are you going to work there or not? in my country this card costs like a car. What did I pay for? who writes software for your cards ??? children??? why nothing works ??? why Assassins Creed Valhalla constantly crashes ??? Death Stranding??? Horizon Zero dawn??? Control??? why having paid so much money I got a huge number of problems???
Month! I have been suffering with this **bleep** for a whole month !!!
I've tried everything I can !!!
when will this disgusting card work?
I regretted a hundred times that I bought a card from AMD, it would be better if I bought INVIDIA
your AMD Software is not working **bleep**.
Fire everyone involved with the drivers.

12 Replies
81z3r0
Adept I

It really is hit or miss if you will have problems with AMD. What are your full system specs? Also did you use DDU for a clean install.

I have an MSI RX570 8GB with timeout issues for almost 3 years now...

jSoad
Adept II

Just return the card if you can. RX 5000 and RX 6000 AMD Cards does not works.

Sorry @jSoad  STRIX RX 5700XT and RX6700XT,both work with no issues.

Here's Nvidia's Forums,Yep,No issues for them ...Right lol

Nvidia Forums 

0 Likes

Good for you. Not the case for the OP and most people on this forum.

0 Likes

I am not fan nvidia to me is same or amd or nvidia i want my product to work not every f....day to reinstall s...drivers i have 2 gpu from amd all have same problems s...drivers i buy nvidia 3070 on amd motherboard work perfectly sorry but amd drivers much worst nobady is not say nvidia has not have problem with drivers but this is too much from 5700 gpu they fixes drivers that is almost 3 years that is very irritating

0 Likes
BlackSabbath
Adept II

Change for RTX 3070 problem solved amd drivers is soo bad now on chipset same i lose my mind on this cr... drivers i think my next upgrade will be intel and nvidia

Some things to check for troubleshooting.

common TDR.PNG

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I had a similar issue with Assassins Creed Valhalla - driver timeout, no matter which gpu driver I tested.
And I had the problem for a long time, sometimes I could play for many hours, sometimes it crashed with driver timeout all the time. And I tried everything, put the GPU into silent mode, overclocked, undervolt, changed different graphical settings, lower the monitors freq. to 120Hz etc. but nothing helped.

But after I upgraded the BIOS firmware to the latest and also latest chipset s/w and the latest GPU driver:
the driver timeout problem seems to have gone.
And don't forget to manually run Windows update and install optional functional updates (+ check the previous post above).
This may not be the solution for You, but at least its worth a try.

My rig:
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT OC 16GB
Adrenalin s/w: 21.9.2
Extended monitor setup: Gigabyte AORUS-FI27Q27" 2560x1440 @165Hz (primary), Philips IPS 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz.
Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) with AMD X570 chipset
BIOS ver. 3801 (with AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C).
Chipset: amd_chipset_software_3.09.01.140
SAM: Enabled and fully functional.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Ram: 16GB @3200 MHz
CPU Cooler: NH-D15-Se AM4
Storage: M2 Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NWME, SSD Samsumg 950 Pro 1 TB SATA
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with latest Windows optional update.

Best regards from Sweden

Anonymous
Not applicable

With Valhalla and my RX5700XT, I had the same problems despite all the latest updates. The standard setting of the Radeon driver is core clock 2100, but Gigabyte specifies a boost clock with a maximum of 2010. Even the FurMark benchmark crashes with 4-8xMSAA and 2100. I can reach a maximum of this 2010 without MSAA, the FSP decrease drastically with an increase in the MSAA. With Valhalla I play stable with base clock 1770 and core voltage 1075 instead of 1184, occasionally still a crash at the beginning due to the shader optimization of the DX12, which takes 5-15 minutes.

Greetings! Thanks a lot for the advice but it didn't work for me. And it helped that one day AMD Software stopped running in games, after that I played for 10 hours and not a single crash

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, no hiring is successful in the long term, no matter what one hires. I suspect that the Radeon graphics driver does not act statically but tries to optimize itself until it crashes. Then the graphics driver creates the basic setting anyway. I haven't had such massive problems with a graphics card since Crysis, I've had quite a few in this segment.

0 Likes

Latest AMD Driver mentions about fixing Timeouts on the 500 series and 6700 series GPU cards:

Fixed Issues

• Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to driver timeouts or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
  • Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system.
  • Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing The Medium™ on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • On full GPU load, Radeon™ Software may incorrectly display higher than actual GPU power consumption values.
  • While playing Wreckfest™ or Arma™ 3, image corruption may be experienced when viewing foliage.
0 Likes