Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tchambers80
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT (windows has stopped this device code 43) using lastest drivers

Hi,

I've recently bought a RX6700XT from eBuyer so i know its BNIB.

I've ran into an issue when adding it to my Windows 10 system.

After installing the latest driver 21.7.1 i've checked the device manager and in the properties window it shows a warning triangle and states (windows has stopped this device code 43).

Windows is up to date and i've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and replacing them with a previous release 21.6.1 but the issue still remains.

Am i missing something here or is Windows not ready for this yet?

Regards

Tony

0 Likes
3 Replies
hawkeye
Elite

That is a generic error code it doesn't exactly narrow down if there is a software problem or a hardware problem.

First of all is this a clean windows install ? If yes ignore this. If you had another GPU try using DDU and clean any leftover drivers in safe mode.

What GPU model do you have ? Does it have dual BIOS and a BIOS switch ? Try using the switch to activate the second BIOS.

If all of the above fails it's most likely a hardware fault ( or a corrupt BIOS, if you don't have dual bios I'm not sure how you can test this) So yeah that's pretty much it, good luck

Hi,

The card is a XFX Radeon RX6700 XT 12GB GPU. It does have a dual bios switch so will try that.

The OS, so far I've tried W10 Home W10 Pro, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Dekstop.

Windows recognises the device but disables it before I get chance to use it. Even though I use the latest drivers as recommended by the AMD auto detect /install software.

Ubuntu just doesn't recognise it but I can't say 100% if I've installed the drivers correctly as I've been following tutorials for Ubuntu.

I'll run the AMD software and see if there's any changes I can make that might help.

Thanks

0 Likes

I also have a XFX 6700XT.

I don't know anything about Ubuntu, Linux etc but I can say it works 100% in windows 10 with driver 21.3.1 or higher. Maybe your BIOS is corrupted, try the other one...or the card has some hardware fault. In any case you should return it or get a refund. It's not normal...

0 Likes