cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ayan
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT lagging in basic tasks (YouTube)

Hey,

I got a pre-built PC:
RX 6700 XT
Ryzen 5 5600x
ASUS Prime B550M-A/AC
650 Watt PSU

So, this PC came with pre-installed Windows 10, and I was running Win 10 for around 6 months until I switched to Windows 11.
Everything seemed to work fine until the last month or two when I couldn't watch anything on YouTube beyond 1080p because it would just lag if I did. I can describe the lag as a mix of low FPS and constant buffer. This is not limited to YouTube but is present on Twitch, Netflix, and even on the high-res offline videos in my SSD. The games work perfectly fine, I get consistent frames across every game. 

One thing I've noticed is that when I uninstall the Radeon Adrenaline software, the problem gets fixed just until I reinstall the software. I have tried updating the Radeon Adrenaline software to the latest version and the problem just gets worse. Even when I rollback to previous versions, it just doesn't get fixed. The only time I don't see this problem is when I completely uninstall my software. I think it might be some incompatibility issue with Windows 11 and Adrenaline software.

I would consider switching back to Windows 10 but that would require me to format my SSD. If someone can reach out to me, I can even show them the kind of lag I get while watching the videos. Any help would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies