Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SiriusWHITE001
Journeyman III

RX 6650 XT Merc 308 - No display output after updating drivers to 22.11.2

Hello,

So a couple of months ago I bought a 6650XT to upgrade from my RX580 but I have ran into a problem where after installing the latest AMD drivers, after restarting my GPU no longer gives me a display output to either of my monitors. I have downgraded to 22.5.1 drivers and it worked for a while but then I would get a problem where my drivers would crash sometimes and my Adrenaline software wasn't working, stating that my drivers were out of date. I have disabled automatic windows updates after downgrading so I don't know what's causing this. I sometimes get a display output after restarting the computer for hours and if I try a remote access software like Anydesk I get a screen as shown in the picture below. While this problem is going on I can't even get into BIOS since I have no display output whatsoever, does anyone else have this problem and if so how have you fixed it.

My specs:
XFX Merc 308 RX 6650XT
Ryzen 7 2700X
BeQuiet 550W
Ripjaws V 16GB kit 3000MHz

SiriusWHITE001_0-1674056722632.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
flyguy24
Journeyman III

Oh Boy... I am trying this same upgrade in the next couple of days. LMK what you find out, or if I figure it out I will reply.

0 Likes

Some updates:

So after I finally got my PC to boot (trying different cables and the different BIOS on the card and switching the power connector cables for hours) I installed MSI afterburner and saw that my drivers were reporting as version 22.20.20 which I assume Windows installed automatically. My solution so far has been to disable the windows update service. I've also noticed very bad performance from the GPU itself but I believe that is just the driver's issue and not the card itself. I have installed the latest AMD drivers today 22.11.2 and so far I've had no problems. If the issue occurs again I shall update the post.

0 Likes