cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Leolionred
Journeyman III

RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse constant bottlenecks in most games

I have an RX 6600 Sapphire Pulse and it has constant bottlenecks in most games, I use it in conjunction with a 5600x + AsRock a320m-HD + 2x8 GB RAM 3000 mhz + Deepcool 650w Gold power source, I've already done undervolt, I've used specific drivers and even clean installation of windows 10 and use of DDU, but nothing works, bottlenecks in many games even in low or medium configuration, and this graphics card can deliver ultra in full HD, voltage settings and customization in AMD software never get behave the same way after driver update, even if I get high scores and low temperatures in Benchmark tests like 3D Mark, I still have these bottlenecks in games. Need for Speed ​​Heat, Fortnite, Valorant, The Crew 2, I'm looking for a solution if anyone can help me, Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

In Fortnite specifically you will want to use DX12. Another issue with your hardware configuration is that the RX 6600 uses PCIe x8 instead of x16 which can cause performance issues when coupled with PCIe Gen 3 slots.

The Ryzen 5 5600X should not be a bottle neck in most games. I have a Ryzen 7 5700X and it performs very well with my RX 6800 XT.

Your RAM configuration seems fine for now but many games are going to need more RAM in the very near future. By this time next year I anticipate the recommended amount will be 32GB. 

When updating drivers, it has wiped my performance tuning many times. That is just something I have become accustomed to adjusting after every driver update. 

When you say you experience bottlenecks, do you mean poor GPU utilization metrics? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Leolionred
Journeyman III

Yes in Fortnite I use DX12 and I get good frames but with constant crashes and sudden FPS drops from 230 FPS to 10 or 15 FPS, when the motherboard worked correctly in the first months but I never managed to use the card in full stock only with undervolt, like this maintaining a good frame rate, the problems started with the February drivers, as for ram, the games I mentioned do not even use 6 GB
0 Likes

While it is correct that those games use less memory than the typical triple A titles, I was thinking down the line you may want to upgrade. 

In your post you said you used DDU and tried fresh installs, but did you try rolling back to before these problems began, something like the December 2022 drivers? 

For Fortnite I fixed that issue by disabling Freesync specifically for that game using AMD Adrenalin. It may work for you. I am unsure about Valorant, but I do know from experience Need for Speed Heat needs better optimization all around. I also have never played The Crew 2.

I would disable Freesync and just test those games again and see if there is just a problem there. I had issues for a long time where Freesync caused stuttering and frame drops that should not have been present.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Leolionred
Journeyman III

I didn't try to use drivers from December, as for freesync I don't use it, I only activate Vsync for games, in relation to the ram memory I do think of a future upgrade to two 16gb modules, thanks for the tip, but I believe prioritizing the replacement of the motherboard, I'm going to test some previous drivers from the end of December or the beginning of January because they were working perfectly.
0 Likes