cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Boathensyst
Journeyman III

rx 6600 drivers not up to date and cant update

i have been trying everything i know or have looked up and for some reason when i came back from christmas break i have been running into issues with play any games all the sudden my games are lagging hard and ive been at a low fps rate i was able to play extreme graphics on any game now i cant even play any even when i lower the graphics im still lagging help please!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

There could be several reasons why you are experiencing lag in your games. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

Check for background processes: Make sure that there are no other programs or processes running in the background that may be hogging system resources. Close any unnecessary programs, especially those that use a lot of resources, like web browsers or video editing software.

Update your graphics card drivers: Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. You can usually download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Lower game graphics settings: Lowering your game graphics settings can help to reduce the strain on your GPU and CPU, which can lead to improved performance.

Monitor your system temperatures: Overheating can cause your system to slow down and lag. Use a software like HWMonitor to monitor your system temperatures, and make sure they are within the normal range.

Check your network connection: If you are experiencing lag in online games, make sure that your network connection is stable and that you are not experiencing any packet loss.

Check for malware: Malware can slow down your system and cause lag in your games. Run a malware scan with your anti-virus software to check for any potential threats.

Upgrade your hardware: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to consider upgrading your hardware. A newer, more powerful graphics card, more RAM, or a faster processor can all help to improve gaming performance.

I hope these suggestions help you to improve your gaming experience. If the issue persists, you may want to seek additional help from a professional technician.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

why cannot update?

You also said all sudden your game lags means before all is running smoothly. So if you do not update/install anything on your computer then maybe hardware failure.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes