cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

owrw
Journeyman III

Rx 6600 driver compatability PLEASE HELP

I updated my graphics drivers and now i can’t play any games my pc crashes when i launch a game, i reinstalled the drivers tried old ones nothing works any help possible wouldn be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
10 Replies
amdman
Challenger

Please post the specifications of your PC. Did you use the Amd Cleanup Utility or DDU and then install the drivers? What version of the drivers did you install and have the problem?

0 Likes

specs: 

ryzen 3 3200g

radeon 6600

16gb 2666mhz

A320M-A Pro mobo

what’s the amd clean up and ddu and how do i install them?

0 Likes

It is two utilities, use one or the other, you can do a search on the internet to find out more, since you are new I will help you.

I usually use the AMD Cleanup Utility, or you can get the program Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) search for how to restart your PC in safe mode (an easy way is to hold the shift key when you click Restart) and then use AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU.

They clean the old drivers so that nothing is around to mess up the new drivers. Then restart the PC and install the latest driver version. Good luck!

0 Likes

i did the clean up in safe mode, restarted, went into a round of seige and it crashed in 30 seconds, anything else?

0 Likes

By crash is it a hard lock you have to push the power button, or an error shows up or just back to the desktop?

You will want to use the boards "search all content" for others that have had the problem. I would suggest looking to make sure you have a good power supply that is rated for a little over you system power requirements. Also there seems to be some problems with 6600 series and black screening with some PSUs, Your setup seems OK since you can load the drivers. Try running some benchmarks like Heaven, see if some more demanding or less demanding games or benchmarks can run. Keep an eye on the temperatures. Do you have a friend or computer repair shop that could do a quick test with the card for a few dollars just to make sure it works?

0 Likes

It is a hard lock,  i used event error and it says “The AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error: the system cannot find the path specified” what should i do?

0 Likes

Did you try doing the DDU/AMD Cleanup and then installing the older driver that was working? It is possible they changed something in the newer driver that would cause the PC to have problems, but if it still has the problem with the older driver, it's something else. Try to isolate anything you changed, reset things the way it was before to isolate the problem.

Also to be specific you only need to uninstall/reinstall the AMD Graphics drivers, you wouldn't need to uninstall the Chipset drivers, those are for the motherboard. It can be confusing. You could try updating the Chipset drivers. Search the internet for the exact error. I don't have experience with that specific error.

It could be your Power Supply Unit (PSU), what is the model and wattage?

0 Likes

It’s not my psu as the recommended power for a computer with my specs is 450w mines is 500w,

on event manager i get the same error every launch “the downloaded Maps manger service did not respond on starting”

0 Likes

It's good that your PSU is good. I couldn't find anything about Maps manger service that would be related to the AMD graphics card. The only thing that comes up in an internet search is to enable the Maps manager service, it's related to Microsoft Maps. What is the game seige? Maybe try a benchmark or other game to try to narrow the problem. Also the 6600 is a new card there may be some growing pains, search this board to find other related posts. I hope you get it fixed!

0 Likes

Some power supplies are not as well made as others, so a brand like Corsair, be quiet!, Seasonic, etc. that has really great reviews are best. Your problem doesn't seem like the PSU as it was working at one point, so it is either the card or the drivers most likely.

The error related to Microsoft Maps does not seem to be related to the graphics card, you can do an internet search to find out more. I would try loading some different drivers to see if 21.10.2 or older drivers work, I am using that version on my 6700 XT. Maybe you can search on this forum and find more information about the 6600. I hope you find a solution!

0 Likes