cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnsmith777
Adept II

Re: Rx 590 Activity too high after accepting "radeon advicer recommendations"

The dual bios is long gone, before i even got it, because the borked cards that the users were not able to bios properly.

Just 1 bios.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

Im a web engineer and i know my stuff around the PC. Early days i did repair pcs soft or hardware. I overclocked about "i dont know now many" pcs in my life, i know all that stuff. What makes me mad that the adrenaline driver is beyond my understanding of working. I like it in a way.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

Get the new adrenaline driver 18.2.2 or 18.2.3, if you find that option, ill ow you a beer.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

and yes, the swich is useless since months, because amd removed the download links. Idea was stupid to begin with, but kudos for  trying. rx 590 default bios here.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

I have the 18.2.3

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

I know it, you know it, it is broken beyond all  our hope. In 2008 or so, i said a goodbye to radeon and all their crap. After that i did buy nvidia and did live a happy life with no BS everyday. Till now. Im back into making sure that my GPU works daily as it should for hours. Last AMD card for me. Never again.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

TOPIC CLOSED

I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY AN AMD PRUDUCT IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

I will refund the rx590 and get a  gtx1060. Story ends. Ill be happy. Im tired ot that S*h*t.

0 Likes
johnsmith777
Adept II

Hello again

Sorry for ranting, i was really done with the card. However, i kept it and i found the solution. Maybe someone has that problem as me, so there it goes.

Problem was that im using 3 monitors, all of them were on 60hz but, one is able to run 72hz. Possible: 60 72 60. Running : 60 60 60.

But! The driver for some reason always started up like the middle one is on 72hz, and gave me the 2000hz all the time bug, thats why

the high idle temp. Started after the advisor switched my middle screen to 72hz once, so that was the catalyst.

Solution: Everytime i boot up, i switch the screen hz from 60 to 72 and back to 60 again. That sets the memory clock back to the normal 400hz.

Zero RPM is still not working, using SpeedFan to set it back to 0rpm after gaming everytime. A few more clicks, but at least its working.

All problems solved, sorry for ranting, i was very upset with the temperature rising, but now i was able to pinpoint the problem and im sort of happy

now with the card.

Thank you

0 Likes