cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zelda412
Adept II

RX 580 load at full in memory and clock (2000Mhz and 300Mhz - AMD Radeon software 18.8.2)

Hi everyone,

Equipped with 18.8.2, for several days now, I have noticed in Speccy and Hwmonitor that my graphic card loads at full in memory and clock (2000Mhz and 300 Mhz) while there's no activity (0% according to Wattman profile from AMD Radeon software settings).

So even if I do nothing on my PC and let it runs alone, my video card loads at full and my temperature stuck between 50 and 53 °c all the time.

Yesterday evening, I have uninstalled the driver of my video card with DDU and reinstall the latest version of driver (18.8.2) but the problem remains after that, so nothing has changed at all.

I suspected Intel optane memory (which is installed and activated on my system), but after I have disabled it, the problme is still the same. (Intel® Optane™ Memory—Revolutionary Memory )

Then I have renamed amddvr.exe and amdow.exe and end theme from task manager, again, nothing has changed.

I have lastly uninstalled speccy, then Hwmonitor. Still remains after that.

So after I did all these steps, what can I do next?

My PC (Desktop System) :

• OS : Windows 10 April 2018 update (1803 - OS build 17134.254)
  • Motherboard : GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P version 1.0 - BIOS version F8
  • CPU : Intel core i5 8600K 3.60 Mghz (Coffee Lake - 8th Generation)
  • Graphic Card : Asus TOG Strix AMD RX 580 8 GB OC version
  • PSU : FSP S Raider 750W - 80+ Silver
  • Memory : DDR4 Corsair LPX vengeance 16 GB - 2100Mhz : 4 slots of 4 GB
  • Driver version installed : AMD Radeon Adrenalin software 18.8.2
  • Display : Acer KG271A "27 - connected to my PC with HDMI with a refresh mode set at 144 Mhz
  • Case : Be Quiet Base 600 - black edition
15 Replies