cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hagar
Adept I

RX 580 Hardware Acceleration, system doesn't meet minimum specs to run?

Okay what's the deal? I have Dell Optiplex 9020 I7-4790 w/16gb ram and Powercooler RX580 8gb running with Windows 10 20H2.

I'm setting up an arcade machine for myself and grandkids. 

However, when I try to run something like "ZUMA" and enable "Hardware Acceleration", it tells me;

Hardware Acceleration cannot be enabled on this computer. Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements.

**bleep**.

Yes - Latest drivers from AMD as of May 2021

Yes - Latest Dell and Windows drivers have been updated.

Help me?

0 Likes
5 Replies

I went to a game system requirement website and inputted your Computer hardware and then I selected Zuma Deluxe and it shows your computer should run that game without any issues:

Screenshot 2021-04-30 164028.png

I notice that you have a Intel APU (Processor with Graphics). I bet your game is running with the Intel Integrated Graphics and not the RX 580 which could explain that error.

Go to Windows Settings - Graphics and select the RX 580 GPU card to run that game at "High Performance" and see if you still get the error message.

Also can you post an image of GPU-Z to make sure that the AMD Driver is installed and enabling all the features of your RX 580 GPU card?

This will also show if the AMD driver is correctly installed.

Thanks,

Let me see if I understood correctly.

I went to device manager - Graphics and I had already disabled the intel HD4600. Is this what you meant?

0 Likes

Okay generally in a Desktop PC when a GPU card is installed the APU Integrated Graphics is disabled from being the Main Display Device.

Unless in BIOS it is made the Main Display Device which will disable the GPU Card.

In Windows Settings - Display -Graphics make sure your RX 580 is chosen in the specific games with "High Performance".

See if you still get that error message.

Also make sure in Radeon Settings you don't have a setting that has disable Hardware Acceleration in your GPU Card.

Read this previous Thread from another User at AMD Forum on how to disable Hardware Acceleration in Windows Settings. Check to see if Hardware Acceleration is disabled in Windows following the Users instructions: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/the-method-to-completely-disable-hardware-acceleration...

0 Likes

I like your effort. Dell Bios as I see, doesn't have an option to prefer one over the other. 

As for the Radeon software, I have searched high and low t no avail for anything Hardware acceleration. Nothing.

As to your question "In Windows Settings - Display -Graphics make sure your RX 580 is chosen in the specific games with "High Performance". I just don't see it.

Now to add a twist, I have another Dell OptiPlex 9020 with I7 4790 and 16gb Ram with RX580 GPU's. 

So I loaded Widows and everything works as advertised. Its Windows 10 I think messing me up.

But I do appreciate your help. Any other ideas.

I meant to say Windows 7. Arg, I knew what I meant.