cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

janiho
Journeyman III

RX 580 driver version 31.0.14037.1007 causing stuttering on desktop after a game has been executed

I am on Windows 10, and on the newest driver/Adrenaline Software (driver version 31.0.14037.1007). After I started a game (e.g. csgo) every window (e.g. windows explorer, discord) will not move fluitly anymore. Something is definitely wrong, even when I close the game, the problem remains. Also I got game crashes from time to time. When I deactivate the device in device-manager and reactivate it, it will work fine until I start a game again.

When I replace the driver with a driver provided by Windows Update (driver version 26.???) everything seems to be alright again.

So I wanted to install some slightly older drivers but on the amd website I could only find one version. With the driver provided by Windows I unfortunately cannot use the Adrenaline Software.

Is there a way to get some older drivers which allow me to use the AMD Software and tweak my driver settings as freesync etc.?

0 Likes
3 Replies
janiho
Journeyman III

I found the option to download older drivers on the bottom of the page where you download the newest driver. I installed Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 and reset all settings. I started cs go and there it was again. I also tried Version 22.11.2 (recommended) and it didn't work as well. I again installed the windows driver (driver version: 26.20.15029.27017) and it works again. Really sad to have such problems with amd gpus again and again... I used Radeon GPUs for almost two decades now but I come to a point where I have to admit that all the prejudices about AMDs driver stabilities are just true. I might change to team green

0 Likes

Hi. Did u find solution? It seems that I have the same problem as you. When I go to the properties of my gpu I see the problem. It is written here "The device was stopped because it reported a problem. (Code 43)" and i didnt find any solution to this. Thanks for help.

Maary

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

Since you have not mentioned DDU, can you give it a shot?

Is there a 22.5.2 on the drivers page? That driver worked like a charm on my RX480. But never had any issues with 22.11.2.

The Englishman