cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gamer274
Adept I

RX 580 driver 21.2.2. error

After latest Radeon update my PC lost all sounds, when I roll back graphic driver my sounds come back. Every option in sound device manager is default as it should be and as it is with previous driver. Is there any fix or should I wait for new updates? Thank you.

0 Likes
8 Replies
CozaMcCoza
Adept I

I have the same issue with the 5700.  HDMI audio always reports as being unplugged after installing this driver.

Yes, exactly it is not even registered as plugged in. I have tried a lot of possible audio solutions stated online, but none of those worked.

0 Likes

When you run the Windows troubleshooter for Sound do you have multiple AMD audio output options?  This is something I've noticed, despite device manage only listing 1 device.  I have a feeling the upgrading the drivers, Windows thinks it's a new audio device and doesn't replace/clean up the previous devices.

0 Likes

No, I do not have multiple AMD audio output options after I install new driver and try to troubleshoot it. Device manager is listing only one, which is not my usual HDMI audio output and which does not work. But on previous driver, device manager is listing three audio outputs from which I can choose the proper one.

0 Likes

Device Manager is only listing 1 for me too.  But when I run Windows Troubleshooter for sound, it asks me which sound device is having problems and then lists several of the same thing

0 Likes

Odd,  when I'm troubleshooting it doesn't list anything but only one sound device which is not functional on my PC. It doesn't register or even list any other. 

0 Likes

Same here but I fixed it. Go to the device manager, then to go display adapters. now click on Radeon and uninstall it. Once you do that it should fix it automatically. If it does not do it automatically. Scan for hardware changes.

I only signed up to say thanks , as I had tried all the usual stuff but nothing else worked... just a pity I didn’t find your answer earlier

0 Likes