Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mathew
Journeyman III

RX 580 breaks ARC on my TV

Hello,

I have a peculiar issue with my RX 580. I have connected my gaming PC via HDMI to a Samsung soundbar (HW-K550). The soundbar is connected to the HDMI ARC Port on a Panasonic TV (CXW804). Video is correctly displayed on the TV and sound from the PC is played from the soundbar. However I am unable to control the soundbar via the TV remote. When switching to a TV signal, the TV does not detect the soundbar an plays sound via its integrated speakers. The problem persists even when the PC is turned off. The only way to fix the issue is to unplug the PC from the soundbar an restart both TV and soundbar.

I connected a different PC with an Nvidia GPU (GTX 970) and a Raspberry Pi in the same way as mentioned above and it worked flawlessly, ARC worked without a hitch for both the PC an TV.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or fix? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
jeipaster
Journeyman III

I have the same kind of issue. Just built a new pc with RX580 and when connected to tv or av receiver arc just stops working between tv and av. Tv says it has some kind of information disconnection. My tv is 2015 model sony android and receiver is sony str-dh550.

0 Likes

I was able to solve the issue by using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

jeipaster <amd-external@jiveon.com> schrieb am So., 19. Apr. 2020, 09:48:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX 580 breaks ARC on my TV in Drivers & Software

I have a 570 and it's doing the same.  I'll get a DP to HDMI tomorrow and see how it goes.  Cheers.

0 Likes

Yep it worked.  It's a bit crap that it's a $33 fix for me.  I probably would have bought a different card for $33 more.

Make sure you buy a 4K cable, not a 1080 cable if you want to use higher resolutions.

0 Likes