cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ezy-CC
Journeyman III

RX 580 black screen then driver break

everytime i start my pc and want to load up an game for example i get a black screen have to turn my pc off and then turn it back on. Then my task bar looks bad and i cant play some games and cant open the radeon software for example then i have to go into my adrenaline software and repair the driver. while im doing that i get blackscreened everytime so this painfull progress can go from 10minutes up to 2 hours. i tried many things from youtube or google. installed older drivers clocked my GPU down or up set fps limiter. I dont know what to do anymore because i tried anything i saw on youtube. Maybe someone can help me here.

0 Likes
1 Reply
NinjaP15
Adept I

Hey there, @Ezy-CC~!

You may have the same issue I had.

I may have just figured out a solution. It has just worked for me and I have had no issues for the past two hours.

Step 1:

First, you want to make sure your software is completely up to date. To do this:

- Open Radeon Software Application

- Navigate to the settings icon (top right of your screen)

- Go to System and hit check for updates (most recent update is from 1/25/22 for 22.2.1 version)

NinjaP15_0-1644201006876.png

Step 2:

If the problem still persists, uninstall all of the chipset drivers.

After, make sure you restart your computer.

Finally, re-install all the software and drivers.

Keep in mind, you may need to double check for updates if you re-installed drivers/software.

NOTE: I am 100% not an expert by all means. This is just something that worked for me.

If you have the same issue with any questions, please feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to assist to the best of my abilities.

~ NinjaP15

My Specs:

GPU: Radeon RX 570 Series - Primary/Discrete 

RAM: 8 GB (I know lol. It just works though)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor - 6 Cores

VRAM: 4096 MB - GDDR5 1750 MHz

Windows: 10 Home - 64 bit

Radeon Version: 22.2.1 (Released 1/25/22)

0 Likes