cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Alanv_04
Journeyman III

RX 580 Black screen issue

Recently, I have been having an issue playing this game (specifically rust). Every time i launch the game and I'm in the main menu, my screen randomly goes black. My computer still runs, and the fans start to get really loud. I had this problem a couple weeks ago with Call of duty cold war and Fortnite and I was able to fix it by reinstalling my graphic drivers. Unfortunately, I am having this problem again but only with Rust. I have tried everything from updating my graphic drivers, reinstalling them, roll backing to a previous version, resetting my bios, updating my bios, updating windows, etc. I feel like I've tried it all and I haven't gotten any luck. I don't think it is a temperature problem because I monitored them, and they were fine. Anyone know of any solutions? Thanks.

My specs:

ryzen 5 1600

rx 580 8gb

16gb ram

750W antec power supply

2 Replies
Epix0
Journeyman III

Same exact issue here. Display fails after a random amount of time during any gameplay, PC reboots shortly afterwards. Upon reboot, I find that the drivers have uninstalled themselves. Regardless of reinstalling drivers, the vicious cycles continues.

Windows Update Service is disabled

Epix0
Journeyman III

Odd Solution

This worked for me, not sure which of these actions solved my problem since they were done at the same time:

Full un-installation of AMD drivers with the help of DDU. Reinstalled, in full, an earlier software & driver version 21.3.1. After shutdown, I reinserted my GPU to alleviate potential connection flaw.

Haven't had the same issue since yesterday now.

0 Likes