Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Evilpig
Journeyman III

RX 580 and driver timeout? New system

Need advice badly!

My old system was I5 6600K ja MSI Z170A motherboard. My RX 580 gpu worked perfectly!

But, my new system is Ryzen 5 3400G ja Asus B450 motherboard. Cyberpunk 2077 (and other games) are constantly crashing.
I always get  the "AMD driver timeout error". And it's driving me mad! :)

I have:

Updated bios to latest version
Tried installing older drivers for gpu
Used AMD cleaner and re-installed drivers
Tried different fan curves and so on.

It a bit ironic that everything worked nicely with Intel processor. Now I cant play anything more than one hour, before game crashes.  It there anything that could be done? Or should I just buy Nvidia GPU?

6 Replies
UP51DE
Journeyman III

Hey Evilpig

I got the same problem after switching from my old PC

- r5 1600 af

- ASRock A320M-HDV

to my new PC

- r5 3600

- MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I kept the RAM and my XFX RX580 8gb

I also tried everything to fix the Problem and even took the whole card apart, cleaned everything and also put new thermal paste on the GPU. I'm sorry that I don't really have a solution for this but I wanted to ask you if you found a solution by now?

Also 1 thing I'm encountering is that when I bump into my desk (which isn't really making contact with my PC) my monitors start to flicker and show weird glitchy stripes for a short second. After these stripes disapear my monitors turn black and the game crashes. Once I see the desktop again Radeon Software shows me the driver timeout notification.

I hope you are doing great and your GPU works again.

Same here. Crashes every now an then... also driver timeout changes did noct change anything:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/increase-time-out-limit/e979...

All temps good. Think of river issue (new grapic driver is even WORSE!)... Please AMD!

5800x

rx6800

asrock itx b550

Clicker
Journeyman III

Experiencing the same issue with my RX 580. 

I have Ryzen 3 3200g. I'm not sure what is the main cause of the problem. If you find any solution please Share. Thank you. 

Impure8008
Journeyman III

anyone found a solution ?? After updating to latest drivers for my rx580 the card is no longer working or even showing up as connected to mobo and worked perfect prior to updating. 

0 Likes

Hi i also seem to be having this crashing problem since a while ago, now it started crashing without being able to recover and i have to force the pc shutdown and reload again. Tried a lot of things but it never gets fixed, only realised that if you have super resolution and fullscreen on in games makes it worse and happens more often.

0 Likes