cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

herecuzimbored
Journeyman III

rx 5700xt terrible experiance

so, i bought the rx 5700xt about 1 moth before black friday. Upgraded from the rx580 and at first i had the regular problems (same as i have now) and it had low framerates, stuttering badly and crashing all the time. Since then it has not gotten much better, i cant pass my regular 40-60fps playing mordhau no matter the settings. 

specs:

CPU: r5 1600

GPU: rx 5700xt Rog Strixx

PSU: some 600w crosair psu

RAM: 2x8GB cl 16 3000MHz dual channel ram

STORAGE: some 500GB NVMe ssd

would like to know if there is something i can do that i havnt tried from the high amount of time having spendt trying to fix it and getting help on different discord servers and such.

3 Replies
old_noobette
Adept II

I noticed you have a 600w power supply. The recommended wattage is 700w. it could be a combination of drivers and low wattage. Also check to make sure you fans are actually spinning and increasing with GPU usage.

0 Likes

Both AMD and ASUS websites list the specs for the RX5700XT with recommendations/requirements of 600W. https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt and ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING | Graphics Cards | ASUS Canada . Also those ASUS ROG 5700XT have issues with their thermal cooling. So his card might be overheating. OP check your temps and monitor them if your card is affected by this ASUS flaw try to contact ASUS and get it RMA'd.

0 Likes
mahtab3
Adept II

You can sell this s***it or wait because amd sells cards without working drivers.