Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RX 5700XT Green Screen Crashes

Jump to solution

What is the temperature delta between your edge and junction temperatures?  A repaste would likely help if the the difference is greater than 20C when the GPU is in high use.  My 5700XT Nitro+ had a 30-35C delta from the factory when running Timespy, 72C edge / 105-110C junction temp when pushing 220W.  I followed Fabio's video too back then and undervolting and downclocking from stock OC, 2100 MHz and 1130 mV, definitely helped but a repaste has kept me down to about 15-20C max difference between edge and junction temps now.  I used Noctua NT-H2 paste.  Temps were amazing with fresh paste, edge temps closer to 60C, but are now usually around 68C when gaming but junction temp difference hasn't gone over +20C after 4 months.  I had a recent green screen right after login after boot though, recent fresh windows install all latest drivers.  Event logs only show windows wasn't shutdown properly, not even a hardware error with 2yo 650W gold PSU.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RX 5700XT Green Screen Crashes

Jump to solution

I am coming a little late to this issue, but I am still having the same green screen crash problems as before even after trying this, it seems to work for a few days, then suddenly the crashing starts again. Is there any other solution then this one i can try? I don't want to have to buy a new GPU as they are a little costly, but at this point I don't see what else i can do.

0 Kudos