Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

plan3tcrack3r
Journeyman III

Re: RX 5700XT Green Screen Crashes

Jump to solution

What is the temperature delta between your edge and junction temperatures?  A repaste would likely help if the the difference is greater than 20C when the GPU is in high use.  My 5700XT Nitro+ had a 30-35C delta from the factory when running Timespy, 72C edge / 105-110C junction temp when pushing 220W.  I followed Fabio's video too back then and undervolting and downclocking from stock OC, 2100 MHz and 1130 mV, definitely helped but a repaste has kept me down to about 15-20C max difference between edge and junction temps now.  I used Noctua NT-H2 paste.  Temps were amazing with fresh paste, edge temps closer to 60C, but are now usually around 68C when gaming but junction temp difference hasn't gone over +20C after 4 months.  I had a recent green screen right after login after boot though, recent fresh windows install all latest drivers.  Event logs only show windows wasn't shutdown properly, not even a hardware error with 2yo 650W gold PSU.

0 Likes
popinyourdog321
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am coming a little late to this issue, but I am still having the same green screen crash problems as before even after trying this, it seems to work for a few days, then suddenly the crashing starts again. Is there any other solution then this one i can try? I don't want to have to buy a new GPU as they are a little costly, but at this point I don't see what else i can do.

0 Likes
Nero916
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I tried doing this method and updating windows, but the issue still persists. Is there another way to fix this or could you or some other person spare some time helping with this issue? I wish I could contact some services for help, but I have to wait a few days for them to come back to my request to help with my issue. 

0 Likes
Seuong
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I had the issue for a few months, updating to driver version 21.1.1 seems to have fixed it, no crashes in 2 weeks so far. Before that It would crash every few days, though sometimes multiple times a day. Driver version 21.2.1 was released a few days ago, but I haven't tried it.

0 Likes
urieaal
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

is it still happening?

i just got a new rig built with a rx 5600 xt and its been green screening alot.

i flashed the gpu bios, they were super old and un update-able...FZ2 to FA1

i have the latest windows 10 and amd drivers. currently 21.2.3

the card seems to run hot in my opinion. it often sits at 45c-55c with out fans turning on. i have gone back in to radeon software and made it so they run at least a little at all times.

im at a lose at this point. nothings worked.

Im trying this guys suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClxgKTFDjv90AQ_MYWiB1PA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHjobJddBIw&t=189s                                 rx 5600 xt

he has other videos for other cards.

0 Likes
urieaal
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

update: changing settings to manual fixed it, even overclocked and undervolted a little based on that YouTube link. . its either a bios issue or more likely a radeon software automatically adjusting to make the GPU unstable.

0 Likes
Brent79
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have tried every solution on the internet for my Green screen crash and reboots and had no luck.  It happens mostly when I play MSFS2020.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MB: MSI x470 Gaming Plus

My solution involved changing the PCIe setting from Auto to Gen1 in the Bios.  I didn't notice any performance reduction and haven't had a single glitch and subsequent crash in 5 days - it used to happen multiple times every single day.

Brent

0 Likes
Brent79
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Update.  This didn't end up working.... although it didn't crash as much,  I still got the Green Screen.

Since then I have upgraded my previos Ryzen 3600 CPU to a Ryzen 9 3900X and I have not yet had a crash.

Brent

0 Likes
tdbone1
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i have not yet tried the solution (yet.)

i have:

Ryzen 5 2600 cpu

Gigabyte B450 aorus elite mb

xfx 5700 xt raw 2 gpu

Thermaltake 700 watt psu

Corsair 4x8GB ram (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

Windows 10 pro 64 bit fresh install about a month ago (fully updated)

AMD Driver 21.8.1

Im pretty sure i used the "Default" method to install the drivers i will try the solution in a moment.

i only get green screen in Battlefield V and its not always when playing. it happens when i "Quit" a gaming session also.

i think it might have something to do with directx 12 and hdr.

it does not happen in the division 2 with directx 12 and hdr or Rainbow Six Siege.

will report back after i test.

0 Likes
tdbone1
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

just wanted to give an update.

i used the amd driver uninstall utility "amdcleanuputility.exe" from within safe mode.

i then installed only the driver from "non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.8.1-win10-64bit-aug10.exe"

that did nothing (still had green screen)

i then disabled hdr. that did nothing and (still had green screen)

i then put the game in directx11 and that seemed to fix it. btw hdr is set to auto and working as my screen displays the "hdr" symbol when it is active on the tv.

i think the green screen in "Battlefield V" has to do with directx 12. maybe it is enabling software ray tracing on this card as it does not do hardware ray tracing.

0 Likes