cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Usul24
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 xt

hello, the problem is as follows. when playing a game, the game freezes and then the desktop is displayed in the radeon software overlay window

0 Likes
4 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

hello, the problem is: we do not know your hardware and software.
Information Required When Posting a Discussion (link)

RX 5700 XT is overclocked out of the box by Radeon Software:
Radeon Software is setting your card to boost to 2100-2150 MHz while using 1200 mV. 

A fresh and clean driver re-install can solve your issue:
[guide] DisplayDriverUninstaller, CCleaner, sfc /scannow, fresh install 

cheers

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
ubronan
Adept II

First of all which brand is your RX 5700 XT and which version of the driver are you using and which OS

In my case i run windows 10 and have an Asrock Taichi RX 5700 XT with driver 21.11.1 which is the latest driver released for the 5700 models.

The newer ones are useless for windows 10 and actually add nothing new besides for the newer 6700 series cards or when using that crappy windows 11 beta.

Which i already hate alot its just another crappy face change nothing else, nothing made better or usefull.

There are absolute no improvements at all in that product.

So not even worth looking at nor do i want to receive the constant whining that i should use the products that company wants me to use from their own makings. 

I have been saying for years they can not even make a fail proof program at all, they even have to use googles chrome to get a good to use product for surfing the web.

The only thing they are good at is filling a product full of hot air and endless spyware and control over what you do.

Anyway back to your issue if you run that crappy win 11 that might be your problem as well.

On the other hand i would advise you to always install the driver of the videocard with the option to reset the settings to standard when installing a newer version. Which work pretty safe as well.

Or you can use DDU which deletes everything previously installed by the hardware vendors, because i can promise you it always have been a problem that their product never really cleans all the crap it should remove to avoid problems.

This far it looks that the option added to the installer seems to work fine and should always be used even if you reinstall the same driver, because you never am sure something is been screwed up somehow.

Think about the system has crashed for that, then the sytem looks only at the windows files never at drivers from third parties.

I think that will solve any problems you could have had, unless there is something broken on the card which is pretty unlikely.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the RX5700XT is overclocked in the standard setting of the Radeon graphics driver, the core clock and voltage should be reduced to the manufacturer's specifications (under GPU-Z button lookup). With my GiBy Aorus RX5700XT that is 2010 core clock instead of 2100 and core voltage from 1185 to 1100. I only install the Radeon driver without the adrenaline software and the MSI Afterburner to create graphics profiles, which I test with FurMark (GPU-Z is included here) and have since then rarely problems with game crashes. The graphics settings for the games are different because of the graphics machines used, just try out what works best.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I also recommend updating the title of your discussion so that it accurately describes your issue, and I agree with the other suggestions provided here.
0 Likes