Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aks-ty
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Unstable Clockrates

Hey there!

I already have the 75 Hz Problem with the XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc II and now there is another Problem with the Card.

In some Games the Clock Rate Drops from ~2000 MHz to ~300 MHz. I have the Problems in my favorite Game ATLAS. The Clock drops from 200 to 300 Mhz causing in realy heavy lags. It´s not playable with this Bug. The Problem is that the Clocks are in one Second over 2000 MHz and in the next Secont 300 MHz a Second later 1600 MHz and that Clock Speeds are every Second another with differences about 1500 MHz and Higher. So please fix that Problem.

0 Likes
10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Look statistics with HWiNFO software. AMD display driver has statistical problems. Also use your monitor with 72 or 60Hz. 

0 Likes
needsnurfing
Adept II

I have also noticed unstable core clocks too using 19.9.2. I have mine under water and it hits 2100mhz under average load but drops every few seconds down to 600/1200/1300mhz it really depends.

all my monitor software shows the same results too which is also corroborated by a drop in fps. A few games that come to mind, Hitman 2tm dx12 and anno 1800 dx11. 

0 Likes

anno unstable clocks.jpg

0 Likes

Same Problem in many Games -.- 

0 Likes

Test system clock speeds when FurMark is running with 800x600 without AA.
If you don't have FPS drop problem for games, don't worry about it. Also play games with 2k resolution or 2k VSR.
If so, specify what your processor is. Your games (you write) may be want a high processor.

0 Likes

Hmm ok. I tried furmark and the clocks seemed pretty stable. I have a 2700x which is also under water and game at 3440x1440. I don't think furmark exposes the issue though, as many games will have this momentary drop in clocks. For instance if you sit still in hitman or anno the clocks are stable and so is the frame rate but once you start moving around they spike wildly.

0 Likes

If your system passes FurMark without any problems, you have not hardware issue. Test your system for the last time with Userbenchmark site. If your hardwares are not below Userbenchmark user averages, there is no loss of performance with the display driver.

However, some users have problems with some resolution and refresh. Choose a standard resolution and refresh, such as 2560×1440 60Hz (or VSR 60Hz), and see what the system does. Also share this with AMD, if you will not solve it...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Ah your favourite game.  I remember playing it too everyday. I'm on a 144h monitor and probably and older CPU than you own. My GPU stays at 2ghz. No problem.  I did undervolt it.  Anyway. 19.9.2 allows the world's most broken pieces of crap games to run flawlessly. ATLAS and ARK. I can confirm 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please provide the important information. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes

Ryzen 7 2700X

Gigabyte X470 Gaming 5 WiFI (Uefi Version F42a)

XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II (newest VBios) @ DP (with DP 1.3 Kable) because of the 75 Hz Problem i use it on 60 Hz

and the Fans from the Card didn´t Spin with Drivers 19.9.1 and 19.9.2 you can look at XFX´s Webside there is an important massage that you have

to use the 19.8.2 Driver (i made a Thread to that Problem)

16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz CL16

Thermaltake Thoughpower RGB 650 Watts

0 Likes