cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrricciolo
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Still crashing on UE games (Jan 2021)

Hi all (sorry for my english).

One year ago I upgraded my system GPU from an  RX590 to Aorus RX 5700 XT. From that, I had system/driver/games crashes like many users reported (green screen, crackling audio, windows reboot, UE tdr time out error, ecc.). I had ... and I still have it.... less frequently, but I still have it.

I did many clean windows install, clean driver install, I tried new driver on every update, and many other suggested things read in this and other forums. In the last 4 months I also upgrade my entire system keeping only the RX 5700 XT. Unfortunately, crashes on Unreal Engine games are still present. 

I can playing hours on high setting for example at "escape from tarkof" (Unity engine) without any issue but on games like Satisfactory, Insurgency Sandstorm, Deep rock galactic (all on unreal engine) .. sometimes I can play hours without any crashes, sometimes I have 3-4 crash in 1 single hour.

I don't have any temp issue, neither on the GPU nor on the CPU. I am going crazy with this card.  any new advice / help will be appreciated.

My full spec are

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS, ryzen 5 3600x, 32GB ram @3200 corsair, Corsai HX850i and the unlucky AORUS RX 5700XT

Windows 10 PRO 64 (20H2), Adrenalin 20.11.3 standard config. 

PS.: Dear AMD, 

I don't know how much time I have lost with the various (full and clean) installations and attempts. This gaming card (and the related drivers) has become a second job. I bought this card to play games, not to become an IT technician. I have been with AMD for years but how can I still trust for the next system (or better, next GPU)?

Regards, Alan

4 Replies
mrricciolo
Adept I

Deep Rock Galactic , this morning after 30 min of play

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

0 Likes

I have the same issue, when reinstalling Windows i get to play UE based games for about 3 days without crashing and once it crashes. It keeps crashing regularly. Its 2021 AMD!!! Come on!

0 Likes
Fragosikaki
Journeyman III

Hello (sorry for my english too)

You absolutely right with your ps! 
Same issues here . Forgive me that i have not the answer of all this but i want to extend your problem (amd problem) with my setup. I have 3900x on asus rog b550 and gigabyte 5700xt . 1 year the same issues. Still have them... game crashes , autoreboots , black screens , freezes etc. I play warzone , league , valorant and they all crash almost every time. I reinstall windows , games , drivers and play for a week until a new patch come and then the problem appear again . This is very disappointed . To buy the edge of desktop technology and basically you have no pc...

0 Likes
almo2001
Journeyman III

I'm having these same crashes with Deep Rock Galactic, though Dead by Daylight is fine and it uses Unreal 4. DRG is the only game I get these crashes with.

0 Likes