Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

willmaddison
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT settings reset every time I boot pc

Hi,

So I recently bought an RX 5700 XT, its great but a little hot.

So I edited the fan curve in the AMD Radeon software, my problem is that when I reboot the settings get wiped...

Is there any way to override this? I just want to keep my settings the same, as in the attached screenshot, without having to edit it all every time I turn my pc on.

I'm using 20.4.2 drivers.

Many thanks, Will

0 Likes
5 Replies
andrulko
Adept II

Exactly the same behavior on Nitro+ RX5700XT on 20.4.2 and earlier drivers. Settings are usually set to defaults once you run black screen or even turn on PC after it was off for a while. It's like a protection mechanism if software detects issues with your tuning settings. But it does not work as it should.

Im hoping someone knows how to stop it

0 Likes

Uninstalled 20.4.2 using DDU and installed Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q1.2 yesterday. PC turned on fine in the evening and today in the morning.

These drivers are probably not so intended for gaming but at least sufficient for work. I'll see whether black screens will occur today

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Did you restart your system by pressing the reset button or power off without Windows shutting down normally?

Did you have a black screen or system crash or BSOD of any description?

If so the default settings should be restored and this would be expected. 

I think it would be reasonable to ask to add a way to have a persistent profile, I have to use an external tool to always apply my GPU profile, some of us use different profiles than the default to fix manufacturer issues, for example, I have a RX570 with a lower voltage than it should at the second P state, this causes the GPU to artifact only while watching videos once in a while, and it get fixed if I put a higher voltage, or similar voltage as the third P state, sometimes profile resets even just tuning the fan profile, I just want to keep Zero RPM off, to have a better ventilation inside my case, and even that keeps resetting, with no crashes or anything, at the end if Global profiles always get reset sooner or later what's the point of having it? Please see if you can elevate this issue, thanks.

0 Likes