cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lytatroan
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT random green screen crash and second monitor distortions

Hello, I recently posted about how my 5700 XT would randomly have crashes where the PC would green screen, and restart.

I've also had this issue where my second monitor starts flickering and glitching when I turn it on from sleep mode. Happens randomly too. Video link 

I can't seem to record a moment where the green screen crash happens, but to clarify my main monitor goes black, second one goes green. Don't know why it happens. I've undervolted my GPU and underclocked it slightly, used DDU, installed the latest drivers, and increased my power draw, I don't know why it has been happening since I bought my GPU

20221006_210751.jpg

 An example of a crash, main monitor goes green, other one freezes. Has been fixed by changing my DP output, but the random crashing and stuff has been happening since 2020.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 

16gb DDR4 3200

Asrock Phantom Gaming D RX 5700 XT.

I have tried many fixes but none seem to work, and can't find a thread with an answer.

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

a couple things that would be handy to know

What power supply make/model/age are you running?

Are  you running any cable extenders inside your case? ..or a PCIe riser cable?

Are you running separate power cables from your PSU to each power input on your GPU?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Corsair RM (2019) 80+ Gold fully modular

Cable

No cable extenders

0 Likes

wattage?

Make sure  you are running separate power cables from the PSU to each power power input .. don't use one cable for both power inputs

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

650w psu

0 Likes

Have you tried a different PSU? (750wtt or better 80+ Gold at least rating)

I ran my 5700xt's on the same EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold PSU with 2 and 3 monitor configurations without issue .. currently daughter is running 2 x ASUS 24" 144hz 1ms monitors on her setup without issue (5800x,ASRock x570 Steel Legend, MSI 5700xt, 2 x 16GB 3200 CAS16 sticks at 3600 CAS16 1.380v w/1:1 FCLK, EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold PSU, Windows 11 using a UPS battery backup

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Unfortunately, I only have 1 PSU. Some of my discord friends say my GPU is dying, since I tried using DDU and it didn't work. Same with undervolting

0 Likes