Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eingel
Newcomer

RX 5700 XT [My Workaround for the crashes]

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

along with other too many users that are experiencing problems with the line of product “rx 5700 series”, I have had a really hard time too.

For the last 30 days I’m using Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1
I’ve played at

League of legends Many hours / every day
Astroner many hours / 1 week
Diablo 3 (last season, GR90)
Darksiders Genesis (complete playthrough)
Dark Souls 3 (more than half playthrough)
Monster Hunter World (online)
Divinity Original Sins 2 (coop)
Magika 2
Devil May Cry 5 (beginning of the game)
Gta V
Final Fantasy VII
Starbound

Tested (20 mins all setting maxed)

Batman TEW - Shadows Edition
Heavy Rain
Sekiro - Shadow Die Twice (couple hours)
Final Fantasy VIII
Starcraft 2

Experienced 0 errors so far.

Test 1 
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.2 - Instant blank screen during a match loading screen of league of legends

(unfortunately it was a ranked match that costed me the AFK report, because pc crashed 2 times and I was forced to hard reset. Took me 5 minutes to get back into the game. Ofc i had to explain other players that it was a PC crash. They all laughed cuz it’s 2019 and a pc that cannot handle properly league of legends is something that deserve to be laughed at. I was pretty upset, but they were totally right) 

The blank screen occurred for all the time for the 4 matches after that one, an hard reset was mandatory to each crash. After this test, I was forced to re install OS.
Before this i had Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1, from day 1 of the release, 0 problems, played lol and ranked with 0 problems.
I re installed Win 10 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 and went smooth until...

Test 2 
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.3 - A crash occurred while playing league of legends, can’t say when. Immediately uninstalled and reverted to 19.12.1 version with no problems. Used DDU and safe mode.
I did not like the new Adrenalin software too.

After that I stopped trying other version in order to prevent any irreversible change / stuck dll / hidden settings and whatever the bug could be.

I doubt that the cable driver or the monitor connector is involved, otherwise this problem should affect other manufacturer or green team, and they are not.

The instability could be OS -Driver. I really hope this can help all those who are experiencing troubles.
I’m sticking with 19.12.1 and not interested in changing them especially cause newer Radeon software offers too many features that i really DO NOT WANT to have, and I am free not to have on my pc because that’s my own pc, not anyone else’s.

Hope my sharing will help all those who wasted 500 € like I did to feel a little less ashamed. 

Try to use 19.12.1 like I did and please share your experience with other.
 Pro TIP: I also set a macro on my keyboard that in case of Blank Screen gives me the chance to put the system asleep so I can easily power back on without corrupting data. I had to use it with 19.12.3.

Useful info:

Asus B450 - F gaming - latest bios
Ryzen 7 2700X - 4 Ghz
Ram Corsair 2 x 8 GB DDr4 - XMP profile @ 3200 Mhz
Rx Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ (bios setting to performance mode)

Amd Radeon Settings: 
RAM / CORE Voltages and frequencies: manual default profile
Fan speed: automatic with enabled 0 speed
Freesync - Super resolution - image sharpening - HDMI - GPU  / All set to OFF
Radeon Chill active - 60 - 70 FPS

Good Luck

2 Replies
ngotaku
Journeyman III

btw what is your psu wattage?

0 Likes

I'm using a HX 850 from Corsair. 
Nonetheless the issue is back. 
For everyone.

Use the windows tool : " Reliability Monitor ". This tool will give you the exact moment and kind of error.
Mine are always LiveKernelEvent 141, Hardware related.
The worst part is that i receive daily marketing news about amd for new cpu and gpu. What is this all about?
I'm a totally disappointed customer and amd is still feedin me with ads?
I will never buy amd products ever. Ps5 and Xbox too since is the same manufacturer....

0 Likes