Radeon RX 5700 XT TUF X3 OC GAMING

Windows 10 64bit 1903

Adrenalin Driver  19.7.5 (currently)

AOC AG271QX 2560x1440p 144hz monitor

Asus TUF B450-PRO GAMING bios version 1820

Ryzen 5 3600x

Corsair CX650 650W 80 PLUS Bronze

G.Skill 2x8GB Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16

The problem looks similar to what most people are posting about but maybe its different.

My problem is games freezing for a few seconds and then pc would restart.

No display input or a game simply crashing to desktop happened perhaps twice in 2 weeks.

No crashes outside of games and temps look ok.

Games i tried so far all with native resolution and mostly high settings all running smoothly.

The Witcher 3

Crashing anywhere from 5minutes to 1hour, can happen at any time in cutscenes menus or just playing.

Dota2

Mostly running for 15minutes - 2hours and in one game every time a certain ability(Will-o-Wisp) was used. No luck trying to reproduce that one.

The Outer Worlds

So far only one crash in main menu and one in ingame menu ~8hours played

Borderlands 3

no crashes

Hollow knight

one crash

CS:GO

one crash

What i have tried so far

Driver versions 19.7.5 /19.9.2 / 19.11.1/  19.11.12. Clean install with DDU and no internet/ normal install / manual install without amd settings. Perhaps not every method with every driver version however.

Default wattman settings /  undervolt / underclock

Various memory speeds and power settings

Possibly 19.7.5 feels most stable cannot say for certain if that is the case. Maybe there is a magical combination that works?

Problem something else?

Send help

Thanks

19 Replies
bogdan_berbece90
Journeyman III

Sorry I can't help, but just know you are not alone. 

I've just sent my powercolor 5700xt for an RMA, and will keep you guys posted when I hear back. My main issue came after the last update and not having video outpur from my processor, it's impossible to troubleshoot as now I get the VGA red led on on my mobo, hence my card is not even detected. 

Hope someone with similar issues found a solution.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Are you running Discord or a web browser when you experience this issue?

0 Likes

sometimes but it doesnt seem to make a difference

0 Likes

Please try disabling hardware acceleration in Discord and your web browser to see if that helps.

0 Likes

i have, and also crashes occur while no web browser or discor or anything besides steam / epicgames store is open

0 Likes
rx5700xt_owner
Journeyman III

I have the same problem in Control game (power color rx 5700 xt red devil, ryzen 3600, msi b450 tomahawk max with agesa 1.0.0.4B, PSU seasonic 850W gold). Game freezes with "trrrrrr" sound and then pc would restart. (discord is not used)

0 Likes

exactly the same issue.....i have powercolour rx 5700 xt (not red devil)....the trrrrr sound came and pc restarts and solution sir?

0 Likes
colesy
Journeyman III

Are you getting "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in Windows Event Viewer? That's what I'm getting. Crashes non-stop.

0 Likes

No, in my case, it's just restarting, without any record in Windows Event Viewer

Same issue. Most of the time im playing hunt:showdown. Its always random, no pattern far as I can tell. Sometime it crashes while playing WoW, but not usually. Been happening for a while now, nothing is fixing it. Very disappointing.

0 Likes

Are you still having the issue?  I have the same problem.

0 Likes

so i need a modular psu?

how sure are you?

what can i do to test if something else is the problem?

0 Likes

you have steps by steps on the link, ye you need modular psu, with 2 singles connections to graphic card.

0 Likes
googylon
Journeyman III

Expiriencing the same issue since buying this card, had various lags in older games like guild wars 2 and csgo, a reproducable crash in witcher in a story sequence which i fixed by reinstalling the drivers. Well, witcher ran good yesterday, played a bit of forza (horizon 4) for an hour and it crashed. Everything went black, Sound got stuck for a second, no video output at all. Tried wind+ctrl+shift+B to restart the driver but nothing but the beep-sound happened, so I was forced to shut my pc down. Had this kind of crash numerous times now,  and I'm tired of all the issues.

the card is pretty loud as well, which annoys me because my 1060 did fine and I wanted my system to be quiet back when I built it. Tried a few settings in msi afterburner but that didn't seem to help and I set it back to stock when I tried fixing the problem.

System:

i7 7700k (overclocked to 4.7 ghz)

Gigabyte RX 5700xt Gaming 8G

bequiet dark power pro 11 550w

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming

2x8 GB Hyper X Fury

running in a fractal desing define R4

0 Likes

Solution, your welcome
"https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/games_windows_10/soluci%c3%b3n-el-controlador-de-pantalla-dej%c3%b3/c2f1eb8c-f0c5-4d11-bdd6-b2cbe466453b?tm=1574696060739"
Engipi

0 Likes
contemplation
Journeyman III

Have similar issue, freeze & crash or BSoD.

(Asus 5700xt, Ryzen 9 3950x, G.Skill 2x16gb CL17, Asus prime x570, m2)

0 Likes
kosmoshion
Adept I

have similar problem, with resident evil 2 the game pauses many times, the pc restart 3 times, why is happening this?? 

ravenger2709
Adept I

I have same problem. Check your RAM timings.

0 Likes