cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kasanova
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Freesync not supported issue

I recently upgraded from a RX Vega 64 (Sapphire Nitro +) to a RX 5700 XT(MSI Gaming X).

I have a 144Hz Freesync Monitor (monitor viotek GN32C)  connected to my PC via display port cable.

Freesync on my Vega works perfectly fine.

I proceeded to install the RX 5700 XT , uninstalled adrenalin software 20.1.3  drivers, installed the card and then installed the software again. Once the installation finished, I opened up the Radeon software and under Freesync it says "Freesync not supported". I have tried doing a clean install of the drivers twice with 20.1.3. and still it shows "Freesync not supported".

I have also tried turning freesync off and back on , on the monitor's OSD

.I then put the Vega 64 back , and reinstalled the same software and after the installation it detected Freesync successfully.

What could be the issue with the RX 5700 XT ? What can i try to get Freesync working?

6 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Can you try again on version 20.2.2? Maybe it will help.

0 Likes
kasanova
Adept I

I have tried 20.2.2 but still the same issue, it says freesync not supported with the RX 5700 XT. I am guessing its either an issue with the drivers. Perhaps the card ? I have done all the steps Uninstall existing drivers, DDU in safe mode, performed a clean installation of 20.2.2 

0 Likes
kasanova
Adept I

Dear Everyone

I have spent some time testing this issue with freesync not being “supported” and it looks like freesync is not working correctly for the RX 5700 series since 19.12.2 right up to the latest 20.2.2 drivers , this is probably the case for all navi cards. I do know Vega 64 has had no issues , not sure about polaris. The last stable drivers for the RX 5700 series that freesync works correctly on is 19.12.1 . I have spent 4 days figuring this out. How can one inform AMD about this ?

yeah stuttering on 240hz monitor with newest drivers seems like freesync not working at all I cap my fps ingame to 187 for example if i go to 150 fps i experience microstuttering lag and tearing even though my monitor reports that my hz is same as my fps 

burrman
Journeyman III

same thing with my xfx 5700xt ultra  I have viotek gn34c freesync monitor  it works perfect with my fury   and rx570    but as mentioned the 5700xt will not support freesync on it.     yes I have tried multiple DP cables just to be sure. AMD please fix this.

0 Likes
bignuance
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with my Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT, AMD, fix these drivers!

0 Likes