Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lajcik
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Drivers Buzzing sound

Hello

Im owner of RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Dragon for like 12 days now.. from the beginning i get many problems with it but for now the worse from all is this BUZZING SOUND that makes me insane. Everysingle time I uninstall drivers or when im in BIOS the sound is GONE, when i Install the drivers ( no matter what version and also its only problem with Screen Drivers ). When they are installed and something moves on the screen ( Moving mouse, video on youtube, some ad, Scrolling with mouse etc.. ) The sound is coming out of my GPU. And no.. its not Coil Whine for sure, i think problem is in drivers..

0 Likes
3 Replies
miguelcamangeg
Journeyman III

Re: RX 5700 XT Drivers Buzzing sound

I don't have any answer but I guess we have the same problem. I just downloaded the new Adrenalin 19.11.2 driver and right after it's done my gpu suddenly produce the buzzing which I search in google and found the coil whine issues. I was almost convinced to request RMA for my gpu since im kinda the guy who hates those kind of sounds. But then I tried resolving things on my own and I uninstall the driver and reverted back to 19.9.2 driver. and then the buzzing sound was gone after that (not so I think since I believe im still hearing a lil bit of buzzing but not like before. or im just kinda become paranoid 

I guess we have the same suspicion that it came from the latest drivers. 

yahaway
Adept II

had that once before with my old rx580. Turned PC off and re-plugged in the power cables to the gpu. Sound went away immediately.

0 Likes
jackcorb
Adept I

Same situation here (RX 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC). It was definitely the 19.11.2 update and 19.11.3 doesn't fix the issue. People are discussing it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/darpx1/weird_crackling_noise_coming_from_rx_5700_xt/ 

0 Likes