cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tuan2032
Journeyman III

Rx 5700 xt device not started amdkmdag

Everytime I try to install any amd drivers for my graphics card it will say amdkmdag not started. Everything is smooth and i can boot up and everything but when i check device manage i get this error. When I check event viewer to find specific details it says the AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified. Also say the AMD User Experience Program Launcher service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly. I think this could be the reason for it. No one else has this problem except for me. Is there any way for me to install amd drivers without amd ryzen master and AMD user experience program? Or is there any way for me to fix this? Please help me I have already had to return my graphics card before for black screens and now that is gone I have another problem.

Edit: The User experience program and ryzen master errors might just be caused because I uninstalled the drivers and they can't find them but that still does not explain why everytime I try to update drives it says service amdkmdag not started

3 Replies
pkovac
Adept I

Have simimar problem with Radeon RX 5500XT card - atop of that I have only 256 colors... any ideas? 

0 Likes
DwayneTyson
Journeyman III

I am also having a similar problem!

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Are you talking about Radeon 5700XT or Ryzen G-series CPU? Assuming Radeon 5700XT: Uninstall Ryzen Master and DDU drivers. Then reinstall graphics drivers from amd.com

Also make sure you have up to date chipset driver from amd.com installed. 

If you have automatic driver updates enabled from Windows, disable them before doing anything else.

Avoid using different hardware software, like Ryzen Master or Radeon software while also using MSI afterburner or the like.

Graphics driver for integrated graphics is under CPUs, so if you have 5000G-series graphics, do not install 5700XT driver.

0 Likes