Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

c0mecl4rity
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Crashes since September

Hello and sorry for bad English!

There is gone many time since September 2019 when I've posted my first thread (RX 5700 XT Crashes) in the graphics section. So I want to share an update about my issues with the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT.

After a fresh install of Windows 10 (1909) with the actual driver 20.2.2, nothing has changed for me.

Games still crashes randomly after many hours or a few minutes gameplay.

Games freeze for 1-3 seconds (without a blackscreen ),

the fans start spinning at high rpm, and then the game closes.

This kind of crash occur daily on every game I've played since September. (Even under Linux)

I've tried every driver version since September (19.9.1) and all the mentioned solutions from many users on this forum. Nothing has changed the instability of the card.

My experience with this product is so bad that I will definitely never buy an AMD graphics card again.

And I'm tired of reporting the same issue on every driver release.

Actual System specifications:

• MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi (BIOS 7C37v17)

• 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM (2 Modules, Dual Rank)

• 650W BeQuiet Straight Power 11 (80 PLUS Gold)

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

• Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT

• 2560x1440 @ 144Hz ASUS MG279Q (Connected over DisplayPort)

• Windows 10 1909 @ 20.5.1

Actual driver settings:

• Freesync enabled (disabling has no effect)

• Any other additional driver feature is disabled

• Maximum frequency: 1925MHz (Reduced from 2035MHz stock settings)

• Maximum voltage: 1150mV (Reduced from 1200mV stock settings)

• Fan rpm up to 75% at 80°C

• Any other tuning settings are unchanged (Changing of powerlimit has no effect)

Update 04.04.20:

• Updated driver version, nothing changed

Update 08.05.20:

Update 15.06.20:

4 Replies
rock32
Adept II

I have the same problem. (Win 10.2004 - Radeon 20.4.2)
The black screen randomly appeared in gaming, browsing, or idling.
The only thing I did is down the limit power to -20%, so I can play Cod WZ for hours without black-screen.
But I still got some black screen while watching youtube on GG chrome.

0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

Had a similar problem, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Please use version 20.5.1

0 Likes
syverus
Adept I

I have similar issues. I have posted about them here and here. You will see that I have tried everything I could find throughout plenty of forums and threads and reddits. Send back the radeon and just buy an nvidia card. It is the only rational solution as I already mentioned as Siam1205 in the subreddit I linked.