Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yossik
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT crashes randomly

Hi,

I have just bought Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT and I have random crashes in the games. Sometimes it is after 20 minutes sometimes it is later. Sometimes the dwm.exe survives sometimes not and I have to do hard restart.

The issue is: "amdkmdap driver stopped working"

I have tested in several games and it happens in all of them randomly. The problem seems to be driver/sofware related but it is hard to be reproduced on demand.

Why is no one from AMD addressing this issue? I'm willing to be as much helpful as I can with regards logging the issue and giving feedback to AMD tech. This issue is affecting lot of people and still is not addressed?

My setup:

Adrenalin 20.2.2
Freesync running on 144 Mhz 24GM79G Freesync monitor (set to 120 Mhz)
Clean Windows 10 Pro installation
Sufficient PSU
Stock clocks and voltage

Best Regards

Ladislav Forman

0 Likes
8 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Sapphire Pulse RX 4700 XT or 5700 XT?

0 Likes

5700 XT ...sorry...typo.

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

Have you tried to turn off the freesync? Yeah it sucks to have those flickering screen but try it anyway.

0 Likes

Not really. I mean the point to have a freesync monitor and a freesync Gfx is to work both together. I bought both because of this tech and I'm not willing and accept that it should not work properly. We all need a real fix for the amdkmdap driver stopping working and switching off the core funcionalities is not an option.

0 Likes

Don't know, just try to help. Mine also broken, RX 5600 XT with broken freesync on all fixed 60fps game. It's running fine on uncloked fps games but the random downclocking is still happen there and there.

0 Likes
christiang
Adept III

Try 20.1.2 (it's the only one that works well for me) and freesync off.
First recommend the command "sfc / scannow" in CMD as administrator.
Good Luck.
0 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Turning off freesync is not an option.

0 Likes

Remember to use DDU in safe mode before...
0 Likes