cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

old_noobette
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RX 5700 XT Blank green screen crash when playing certain games or applying graphic settings ingame

Jump to solution

Oh i meant to add... If you are running a Ryzen processor , go to AMD and update the chipset from there. Also make sure the motherboard bios PCI express version is set to version 3 and not automatic. 

0 Kudos
old_noobette
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RX 5700 XT Blank green screen crash when playing certain games or applying graphic settings ingame

Jump to solution

well, i did eventually install the Radeon control panel for 19.12.1 because it is from the WattMan application that you can adjust the fan settings.  the factory fan setting are way too low for the temps involved in my opinion 

0 Kudos
old_noobette
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yes something was lost when AMD dissolved the ATI branch.

I was a ATI fan for many years , since late 1997. 

but something has changed . The amount of configuring and tweaking needed to install a 400 dollar RX 5700 graphics card in a current windows system is just unacceptable.

And the fact that many retailers are no longer offering refunds on the RX 5000 line , but replacements only, tells us that even they realize this is a problemed item.

Other things i have noticed since ATI was dissolved is AMD's lack of enthusiasm for their own graphics products.

For example: the screensavers are gone, the desktop backgrounds are gone , the demo's are gone. Even Ruby is gone.

In contrast,

if you go to the Nvidia site you can find things like these, that show Nvidia's zeal for their product.

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

There are zero issues with AMD drivers.

What you see in known issues section in driver release notes are issues caused by somebody else but AMD, but because everyone is pointing fingers on AMD, they must solve it for somebody else as workaround in drivers - e.g. lazy game and application programmers causing TDR, AMD software team just sweating blood to create workarounds for problem somebody else caused.

In your case, I suppose you built your computer, and you were not even able to choose compatible components as motherboard manufacturer certifies. You are also pointing fingers on AMD and you cannot admit that maybe all problems were caused by you.

What I recommend - take ownership of problems, take extreme ownership. See following video Extreme Ownership | Jocko Willink | TEDxUniversityofNevada - YouTube 

Maybe you will realize that it is not AMD who created problems here, maybe it was somebody else.

0 Kudos
christiang
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution
Band-Aids for an open wound....
axlenex
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

As someone who touts their pseudo intellectualism and logical thinking, by suggesting I educate my world views with a TED talk no less, you're not very bright.

If there are Zero issues with AMD drivers why update, why make patches? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I didn't make this thread to bash on AMD, nor did I want to awaken some triggered fanboi that can fathom that the company he loves can be flawed. I don't care about AMD vs Nvidia politics. I just care about the components I buy to work. And as other people have already stated, the "Ram isn't on QVL, so bad build" argument to not hold water, you can drop that already. All I care about is fixing my issue and I can care less whether I keep the card and it work fine or return it for an Nvidia one.

"Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products."

Stuttering on games for no reason, must be my fault, bad build.

"Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled."

Feature they added doesn't work properly, must be my fault, bad build.

"Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely."

Card/Driver doesn't work properly, must be my fault bad build.

"Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use."

Modern consumers can't use two displays that's absurd, we cant handle that many, must be my fault bad build.

"Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround."

Don't use this feature, our competitor has a less buggy version working but just don't use ours until we fix it. We did we release it broken? Must be your fault for using it, bad build.

Again I love their chipsets but for you to take my opinion as invalid and unfair and to be triggered by it just relays to me you lurk forums just to make points about how great AMD is. All these consumers are wrong and should never doubt AMD

trek wrote:

There are zero issues with AMD drivers.

paulomed
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

The problem is about software and what I want to make clear and in all the tests I did was very clear!

The problem is related to the Windows update, how do I know?

I did a clean installation of Windows, applied the 20.4.2 driver (I did not update Windows) and my system remains stable, both for work and for games. Need for speed The heat always has a green screen and, so far, no problem, the system is stable without fail.

Today I will do all the updates in Windows to test and test if the system will remain stable.

If there were any problems with the card, she would not be able to withstand the various stress tests that I have been doing like FurMark for one hour in a row when I take the limit or aida.

I'm sure this is a software problem, apps like photoshop and others from adobe use graphics acceleration.

It may seem illogical, but the problem is illogical and we have to test all the possibilities, because it is not an RMA reason. If you send your card to the RMA it will not fail the tests. The only way is to find out by testing where the problem is.

Information:

i7- 8700
16GB DDR4 3000mhz RAM
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Sapphire RX 5700 xt Nitro +
UEFI BIOS mode
Windows version 18363

Browser (I'm not using google chrome, I'm using firefox.) Some Reddit users witness chrome graphics acceleration issues.

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

I explained already why there are zero issues with radeon drivers. AMD fixes problems for somebody else (they compensate errors in games and application - which looks like error in drivers), the same holds for Nvidia, they also fix many issues for somebody else. List of known issues in Geforce driver is also not empty - but this list does not imply that those issues are AMD or Nvidia issues. They just took ownership of these issues in order to help their customers.

I am trying to explain that you have perhaps hardware issues - you built your computer and your issues can be caused by any component, have you contacted motherboard manufacurer, etc? Have you tried swap memory modules, power supply, motherboard? Try card in different PC, try other operating systems.

I do not beleieve that your issue will be soon solved by some driver update. Number of users affected is probably less than usual RMA rate on graphics cards.

0 Kudos
old_noobette
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

"There are zero issues with AMD drivers."

Whoa whoa there fella,,

we are LITERALLY seeing thousands of reports on line of the RX 5000 series crashing and black screening and green screening while in simple OS desktop activities. There a numerous testaments that rolling back to pre 2020 drivers increases stability.

And Yet  you stand on your soap box and blindly blame game developers and say "There are zero issues with AMD drivers"  Are you literally blind or just cant read English?? 

What are you going to do next?... Blame Microsoft for releasing a OS years before the RX 5000 hardware and Adrenaline drivers were designed???

Because that's the kind of logic you are using.

trek
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

There are zero issues with AMD drivers, I confirmed it today at least once again in other forums where user replaced his quality Seasonic 1200W PSU early 2018 model with other and all "driver" issues suddenly disappeared.

I explained that many times here and put links where it is demonstrated that one need modern PSU (and possibly not Seasonic 2018 and older, they seem to have issues) to avoid issues.

I know that there are zero issues with AMD drivers and it is proven each and every day by users that were able to put aside their ego - hubris causes that those people PCs are locking up.

People that built their own PC must take extreme ownership of all issues with that PC.

For now there are 2 main categories of instabilities - PSU and messed windows installation, fix is easy new PSU (Evga or Corsair), reinstall windows.

Then many people are overclocking but they are not good at it, they must reset bios to defaults, update bios to the latest.

Even if there is thousands of reports, it is some very small percentage, those people should buy prebuilt PC, Mac or something because building PC and having hubris is a deadly way to unstable system.

0 Kudos