cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

paulomed
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 XT Blank green screen crash when playing certain games or applying graphic settings ingame

Jump to solution

I do not agree with some points shown, the problem is a software or bios, i have a Sapphire rx 5700 xt + that two months ago and I have the same problems with the green screen sometimes using photoshop or illustrator the problem appears.

I found this post exactly because I have the same problem and there is no solution until today, because the increased responses and the various users of the 5000 series are having problems, just use google on reddit and various forums related to it.

This same problem happened in the past and now it happens again.

I hope AMD solves this I am tired and disappointed.

alseu
Challenger

Re: RX 5700 XT Blank green screen crash when playing certain games or applying graphic settings ingame

Jump to solution

OP can check CPU+RAM stability by using any reliable stress test (ex.: Prime95 - blend). 

0 Likes
axlenex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Will do a proper stress test later today and will post the results.

0 Likes
ehsan_w97
Adept I

Jump to solution

Having the issue here with my Red Devil 5700XT , happens at least once a day during games. Green Screen and then PC restarts.

0 Likes
axlenex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Prime95 Blend test just done for 3+ hrs with full load and no problems. XMP was off and RAM speeds were at the motherboard default of 2133hz. Will do a full 24hr test when I have the chance to do so but as far as what this test has shown me it might not be a CPU + RAM stability issue because the crashes usually happen within ten minutes of play a game. 

I must stress for anyone reading this thread to remember my original post of the conditions my GPU is crashing. Others have come to this thread about their GPU crashing under normal day-to-day use. I must reiterate that my conditions of which my GPU is crashing is a very rare and very specific conditions and does not just happen from normal game play of 5hr+ or just in general use.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Jump to solution

Clearly it's not a CPU+RAM issue if you had no rounding erros during 3h Blend run. There is no need for another 24h round.
Most likely the problem you have is GPU related, either the gpu unit is faulty at a hardware level or there is an incopatibility due to your multi-monitor setup.

"Destiny 2 I have suspicion with it not liking the AMD graphics software as Destiny sees it as an "overlay" even when not in overlay mode"
Destiny 2 is definetely not perfect from a technical standpoint but my personal experience with this game running on AMD system (Ryzen 3600/5700 XT) on 1440p 144hz single monitor is decent overall. I've played it at least for couple hundred hours on this system switching graphic settings very often (low preset for PvP; highest with DoF - high, Shadows - High, FoV maxed for everything else) + opening radeon overlay and metrics overlay and had no crashes into black/green screen at all. 

I would suggest to disconnect your second monitor and to try reproducing green screen crashes with a single monitor setup. If you won't encounter the issue with a single screen then at least you can be sure that it's not an issue with your particular GPU unit and changing it to another 5700 XT likely will not help. 

0 Likes
old_noobette
Adept II

Jump to solution

Ok i personally have experienced this green screen and resolved it.

1. Get Display driver uninstaller from Guru3d

Videocards - Handy Utilities 

2 Restart your machine in safe mode.

3 Wipe ALL AMD graphics drivers ( do it twice if you like)

4 restart the machine in normal mode.

5 Download AMD driver 19.12.1 from Guru3d

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.1 driver download 

6 OK now here is the important part choose "custom install"

The installer will try to get you to download the latest drivers so make sure you select 19.12.1

Now.... in the install screen there will be features checked to install.

Make sure everything is UNCHECKED except the DRIVER ONLY

restart the machine Also make sure that the graphic drivers are NOT set to automatically update.

This "DRIVER ONLY" fix resolved ALL my shudders and crashes.

Now if you feel the need to Overclock try Sapphires Trixx application.

ALSO: If you are running a Ryzen processor , go to AMD and update the chipset from there. Also make sure the motherboard bios PCI express version is set to version 3 and not automatic. 

paulomed
Adept I

Jump to solution

Guys

I fix the problem on my Sapphire RX 5700 xt nitro +.

1) Remove the current driver with DDU, remove it completely!

2) Install version 19.9.2-sep23

3) Disable hardware acceleration in google Chrome.

My problems were resolved after several searches in various forums.

The solution found at this point was this. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
axlenex
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have already gone through the process of using their software to remove the driver and do a clean install. Though I didn't use the driver you suggested. I will give it a try today and get back to you. Recently it has only been crashing on the game "Cloudpunk" if you or anyone else has it and can test it out as well that would help.

0 Likes
axlenex
Adept II

Jump to solution

What were the reasons and conditions for your crashes? This may help but I don't think the issues should be counted as being related unless we are both experiencing crashes for the same reason. As someone has suggested this already I will be giving this a try to see if it clears up my crashes. My card is not crashing from normal use and I also don't see how chrome's hardware acceleration will have a play in my issue when I have already stress tested my CPU+RAM to be stable for now. Thank you for the info.

0 Likes