Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

swipeez
Newcomer

Rx 5700 XT blackscreens for one frame

Hey guys,

today i upgraded from an old GTX 1060 to the RX 5700 XT. It was kinda stressful since it didnt work on one of my 2 PCI-express slots. The main problem is that i run my first monitor on 144hz and the second one on 60hz. Every ten seconds, my monitors run a frame which is completely black and really annoying. I already tried to disable freesync, enable it, run my first monitor on 120hz, it all doesnt help. I hope that someone has an idea of what is going on there and can possibly help me.

driver: 19.8.2 

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

Asus b350 F gaming

16gb g.skill ripjaws V

XFX RX 5700 XT thicc 2

if you need more information about my PC-Specs jsut tell me and i will try to get you guys what you need...

i tried to fix this problem by myself but i really dont know what to do....

i hope somebody can help me with that problem :,(

Greetings,

SwipeeZ

0 Likes
3 Replies
kpok32
Journeyman III

Good day Try old drivers 19.7.5 may help. This is a huge problem. I have an xfx 5700 xt graphics card, and artifacts on the 19.9.1 driver have a blue-black screen.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I've seen a similar problem before. Starting the system with a single monitor and then plugging the second cable in may perhaps correct the problem.

0 Likes
mariotnr
Journeyman III

The exact same thing happened to me, I also have a Ryzen 5 1600 and upgraded from a 1060 6GB to a rx 5700 XT. I tried uninstalling all the drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then reinstalling the Radeon drivers and I don't have this problem anymore. I followed this guide. Note that when uninstalling drivers you have to start windows in safe mode. Before cleaning drivers you should have the Radeon drivers installer in the desktop (you can download them here, just select the RX 5700 XT model and then your operative system). I used the 'Clean and do NOT restart' option with the Nvidia drivers and then 'Clean and restart' with the AMD drivers. When you are done you have to exit safe mode in order to install the Radeon drivers. If you don't exit safe mode there will be an error when trying to install it.

I hope this solves your problem!

0 Likes