cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

besimgurbuz
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT black screen when playing games after updating radeon software...

While playing some games, my pc stops giving signals to my screen and whatever I do, the pc does not start displaying even pc is still working. this problem started from the moment i installed radeon software. I build my computer 3 months ago. And I am very close to regretting it already.

Dear AMD,
If you care about your brand value. Solve the problem with your drivers please.

I don't have this problem in every game
working properly games: Red Dead Redemption 2

games I've had errors: rainbow six siege, league of legends, mount and blade warband etc.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB 256 Bit Graphics Card

• Operating System
    • Windows 10 PRO 64bit 1903
  • Driver 
    • 19.50.15.01-200117a1-351045E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
  • Display Devices
    • Asus TUF Gaming VG27VQ 27'' 1ms 165Hz FreeSync FHD

• Motherboard
    • MSI X570-A PRO DDR4 AM4 
  • CPU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 - 4.4 GHz AM4

• PSU
    • 650W 80+ (Cooler Master MasterBox Midtower's default psu)

• RAM
    • XPG Spectrix D41 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz DDR4
0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you may use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yurik_chem
Journeyman III

If these problems caused by Kernel-Power 41 (63) the only reason of such issue is bad GPU driver optimisation IMHO..

Have same problems with XFX RX 5700XT since November. Black screen and "signal lost" are included. Don't know what to do any else. Before 5700XT I had GTX 1060 6Gb and there weren't any problems at all. I have last GPU drivers version, last Win 10 x64 and BIOS version, but I still think these issues caused by bad GPU drivers.

P.S. sorry for possible English mistakes

cryengine36
Adept I

Hi, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for Google translator, I hope I can help you, your problem is in the video card, or rather in the drivers for it, my friend and I also have rx 5700, the same problem, I have already tried all the solutions , the only solution that they found was to install the old driver (for example, on 19.10.2 almost everything worked fine, checked together with more than 10 users with different systems and the same problems), I advise you to use the complete removal of the current driver via DDU and install s driver that I pointed out above,preferably put on a clean system, for most users with such a problem it helps, I hope I was useful, good luck! (I do not claim that this method will 100% solve the problem, but from personal experience, this option is suitable for most users.)

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you may use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming