cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RX 5700 XT Black screen crashes/system hangs

I've been experiencing some serious issues with my Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC From MSI. Currently, it is in a state when under full gaming loads, will do a plethora of different things to crash in ways I never thought possible. Here are some of them.

- Monitor goes black, turns back on with all applications and background being completely black with white boarders surrounding them, seizing the system up shortly after. Full shutoff and reboot required to get out of.

- Applications going black and then returning to be in abnormal states, such as all applications being blacked out and unable to return without a PC restart.

- Applications go black for a second and returning to normal, then Whole PC crash and lockup shortly after.

- Monitor goes black, whatever sound was playing repeats at a fast frequency for half a second, with the PC restarting shortly after. No error shows up when windows recovers.

- I once was able to recover the system from one of the black application hangs, with finding that AMD stated there was a driver crash. I hope this can mean something for this whole problem.

For troubleshooting, I know for a fact hardware wise that is is indeed the graphics card being the culprit, as I have tried with the system 2 different cpu's (r5 2600, r7 3700x), motherboards (b450-f gaming ASUS, x570 Aorus pro Wi-Fi), power supplies (evga 650w b3 bronze, seasonic focus PX 850w platinum, and ram dims (XMP on and off for both kits, single and dual channel, single and dual stick for each 2x8gb kit).

For the drivers end, I've gone through many different versions, from I believe version 19.7 and above with the issue still persisting. No mater how many time I uninstall or reinstall, the issue persists.

Also, for temperatures, GPU core peaks at 67C, Memory peaks at around 90c, and Hot spot reads at about 113C, unsure if this is an issue, as I've sent the card back with this remark and got nothing fixed for it.

If there is any more Information you need to help troubleshoot the problem, or any recommendations to relieve these problems, I would be totally open to take them.

0 Likes
10 Replies