cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: RX 5700 stuttering, visual glitches, poor performance, driver issues

You also need to try a different monitor.

Edit: It is very important to try a monitor with HDMI or DP port without a converter adapter, because the new generation GPUs are configured for HDMI and DP compression.

red3481
Adept II

Well, the things i've already tried is here 

1 - I did an clean install of the latest drivers of GPU with using DDU
2 - Upgraded my BIOS and did a clean window's install.
3 - Deleted the games and re-installed them.
4 - Tried my GPU on another PC (My friend's PC)
5 - Tried my monitor on other PC (My friend's PC)
6 - Checked if its because of my VGA to HDMI converter (and NO, i tried on PS4 and my friend's PC. It didn't gave any Stutter or FPS drop on them what-so-ever.)
7 - Checked if its Overheating. (CPU staying on 65 and GPU on 70)
8 - Downloading old drivers (Maybe i haven't found the best Version yet, so i am still open to try them.)
9 - Sent my CPU, GPU, Ram's to the warranty. Telling them what i've been experiencing. They found nothing at all.
10 - Undervolted my GPU. 
11 - Made my fans go faster if it was an blind throttling. 
12 - Tried 1803 - 1809 Windows 10 versions. 
13 - Checked if its bottlenecking ( Which it isn't. ) 
14 - Closed XBOX/Radeon Overlay's and Game mode. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The vast majority of problems you experience are most likely driver errors. I just wrote up the reason for the graphic distortion you shared and how you can fix it. In other words, you can solve the graphics problem you experience after 1 hour of gaming experience by lowering the GPU frequency with WattMan. The remaining problems are due to the game(s) and the driver(s).

CS-GO and COD issues are likely to be resolved by updates in the future. For this reason, I recommend you to use the latest Windows operating system and the latest driver.

Problems can be resolved by notifying AMD engineers with the game name(s), game setting(s) and all system information. So use this for notification... https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

o0o_ghost
Journeyman III

Same problem and i don't know it is CPU or GPU problem

i have R7 2700x and RX 5700 XT

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

red3481 

try this and tell me your results even if you returned the card because i got the same issue and I RMAed my card and they didn't give me an answer until now it is been like a week

RX 5000 Series Common Issues & Possible Fixes 

0 Likes