cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

red3481
Adept II

RX 5700 stuttering, visual glitches, poor performance, driver issues

For some reason, after playing like, an hour or so, i start to get stuttering from pretty much any games that i play. Some games having Visual Glitches (Marvel's Avengers, Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, Counter Strike - Global Offensive, Grand Theft Auto V) and i am getting random FPS drops that doesn't really makes sense at all.

Motherboard : MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX 4133MHz DDR4 AM4 M.2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU : MSI AMD Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC
Ram : Corsair Vengeance Lpx 8Gb 3000mhz DDR4 x2
Power Supply : 600W (Cooler Master - Masterbox MB511's Power Supply)
Case : Cooler Master - Masterbox MB511 (RED)
Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster 2233 (i use VGA to HDMI)
Radeon Version : 20.10.1

What i've tried so far?

1 - I did an clean install of the latest drivers of GPU with using DDU
2 - Upgraded my BIOS and did a clean window's install.
3 - Deleted the games and re-installed them.
4 - Tried my GPU on another PC (My friend's PC)
5 - Tried my monitor on other PC (My friend's PC)
6 - Checked if its because of my VGA to HDMI converter (and no, i tried on PS4 and my friend's PC.)
7 - Checked if its Overheating. (CPU staying on 65 and GPU on 70)
8 - Downloading old drivers (Maybe i haven't found the best Version yet, so i am still open to try them.)
9 - Sent my CPU, GPU, Ram's to the warranty. Telling them what i've been experiencing. They found nothing at all.
10 - Undervolted my GPU. 
11 - Made my fans go faster if it was an blind throttling. 

And i am not sure if its bottlenecking since i don't think Ryzen 5 2600x as a bad CPU. But if it does then i guess i have to change my CPU.

In Marvel's Avengers, I have been experiencing random colored light orbs appearing on random locations that doesn't makes sense, and flashing whenever camera moves. Flashing rapidly and at some place, there was like 50 of them flashing constantly in a boss battle. Plus, the character's hair's looking like square dots, all pixel. Same goes with reflections and shadows.

In Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, whenever i launch the game. The menu freezes and gets back to itself rapidly for 3 to 4 times. And whenever i press the Load out, guns doesn't load or it just shows all black for great amount of 1 minutes, or 2. In Warzone i get random stutters while i can play on highest settings and still get 110FPS on the game. And whenever i open the sniper scope things gets really bright that i can't even see. And for some reason, reflections and shadows looks all pixel. Like little dots.

In Counter Strike - Global Offensive, its a game that many people having problem with but i get random stuttering's and visual glitches such as textures looking all black at some parts of the maps like Mirage, Dust 2, Train, Overpass and ETC. Whenever i get out from fullscreen to borderless fullscreen it goes away. Tho, its happening in the first place is weird.

In Grand Theft Auto V, same goes with Call of Duty, Reflections and Shadows looks all pixel, character's hair and other stuff looks all pixel as well. Like little square dots. Smoothing options doesn't work in either one. I get random Stutterings which doesn't makes sense at all.

Hell, even Minecraft for windows 10 having black cave textures, lighting doesn't work right and stuff. And i have no idea how to fix it.

Anyone have any idea how to fix it? and please, AMD notice this. 

#rx5700 #rx5700xt#fps stutter#stutterings#amd sofware‌ 

34 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster 2233 (i use VGA to HDMI)
This might be the problem. You should connect your box to a good TV without a converter adapter and try it out.

I did. I've tried with my friend's monitor as well which is direct HDMI connection. Sadly, it didn't worked. Still having stutters. 

0 Likes

Take the test on the Userbenchmark website and share the result if you wish. Maybe we can see what affects performance in the system.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34595349  

for some reason it says missing SSD. But i have Toshiba SSD TR200 240gb 555/540mb

0 Likes

Your system and Windows setup and driver setup look fine. A change you make with Radeon Software can cause this problem. I also suggest you try your system with a FreeSync monitor. Similar problems will always occur if you are not using FreeSync.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

You can use this before display driver installation.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-... 
You can use this link to download (and install) the latest display driver.

Clean display driver installation may reduce problems. Also some settings of the games may cause image distortion. Therefore, you can try to find the appropriate settings for the display driver for the games. The micro stutter problem is caused by not using a FreeSync monitor. Since you are not using a FreeSync monitor, you should try to play games by turning the game VSYNC setting off. In this way, stuttering is reduced, but tearing occurs. In short, there is no problem affecting your system performance. Goodbye...

Sadly, it didn't worked either. Which i've already tried deleting and doing a clean setup for drivers or Windows like I've said on my post. 

As for my problem, it looks like this: 
Ryzen 5 2600X and RX 5700 Stuttering - YouTube (And yes, it is my video.) 

RX 5700 Call of Duty : Warzone | Max Settings | 1080p - 1440p - YouTube  (And as you can see, this is how it should've been in max settings.) 

At this point, i am not sure what is the real problem here. Which i do not think it is because of the monitor because i did tried putting my computer on my TV, and tried my monitor with a PS4 and my friend's PC which he has an Rx580. No stuttering, no nothing. 

0 Likes

Your issue can also be said as random freezing. Is this problem caused by your internet connection? Because the game menu is not using the internet connection and there are no problem in the menu. Is that so?

No, i have been playing with my mobile data after took that video and uploaded it. Same stuff keeps happening. And i just showed the Call Of Duty as an example, if you want i can get more videos on other games such as CSGO, Marvel's Avengers and even Minecraft to show the wrong shadow's glitch. (if, its a glitch of course.) 

And if you notice, the weapons on the loadout doesn't even load in the right time. I don't know if people experiences the same thing and its the game's fault, but i know it shouldn't be like that either. 

Quick note: These things happens after playing for an hour or two. 

0 Likes

I would try Windows 1803 or 1809 if I were you. I would just test the system with only the display driver installation. I wouldn't install chipset driver etc... A driver or a program you install on the system may cause similar problems. I would also try to disconnect non-essential hardware connected to the motherboard for finding the problem.

There are graphic glitches for the CS-GO game. Probably with the driver update AMD fixes the problem... So I think you don't need to show graphics issues.

0 Likes

I can try 1803 or 1809, or directly just delete all the windows updates and keep it on the base state and try it like that, but i am not sure if that will be the solution. If it works. however, for the graphics glitches hopefully will be fixed in the new update, since i am already using the latest drivers. 

As for the non-essential hardware connected to the motherboard, other than harddrive/ssd, rams, graphics card and of course, cpu. nothing else is connected. 

I will write updates once i get 1803 or 1809. And delete the updates and test it like that. Thanks for trying to help so far! 

0 Likes

The 2004 has the HAGS feature and I read somewhere that as a driver error it affects some games when HAGS is active. But does this exist for you? I do not know.

Hello, last 2-3 days i have been trying my games on 1803 - 1809 and just a clean windows. Sadly, none of them fixed my problems. Next day i will head to the place where i've bought the parts and explain what i am experiencing. This time i won't take it as parts, but i will go with the tower. 

When i show the problem there, i will see what they can do. Not sure if they will change any parts or if its because of my SSD/HDD. If that's the case i have to buy an new one  

If its because of my CPU tho, that will take some time. But i wanna see what's the problem because i don't wanna spend money to thing that won't fix my problem. 

Either way, thanks for trying to help, if they find a problem i will write here as an update. At this point i feel like i've already tried many things that should've fixed it. Including little things like closing game mode, xbox overlay and just putting pc on pure performance mode. Undervolting and lowering my windows 10. 

0 Likes

Stuttering, visual glitches and poor performance... These are your problems...

Which game(s) has the stutter problem?
Which game(s) has the visual glitches problem?
Which game(s) has the poor performance problem?

The reason I suggested the old OS was to fix the stuttering problem. So other games have this error in the old operating system? Also, your processor may be the reason for poor performance. Because 2600x is not a processor that can reach very high FPS. But the GPU can do this.

In Marvel's Avengers, I have been experiencing random colored light orbs appearing on random locations that doesn't makes sense, and flashing whenever camera moves. Flashing rapidly and at some place, there was like 50 of them flashing constantly in a boss battle. Plus, the character's hair's looking like square dots, all pixel. Same goes with reflections and shadows.

In Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, whenever i launch the game. The menu freezes and gets back to itself rapidly for 3 to 4 times. And whenever i press the Load out, guns doesn't load or it just shows all black for great amount of 1 minutes, or 2. In Warzone i get random stutters while i can play on highest settings and still get 110FPS on the game. And whenever i open the sniper scope things gets really bright that i can't even see. And for some reason, reflections and shadows looks all pixel. Like little dots.

In Counter Strike - Global Offensive, its a game that many people having problem with but i get random stuttering's and visual glitches such as textures looking all black at some parts of the maps like Mirage, Dust 2, Train, Overpass and ETC. Whenever i get out from fullscreen to borderless fullscreen it goes away. Tho, its happening in the first place is weird.

In Grand Theft Auto V, same goes with Call of Duty, Reflections and Shadows looks all pixel, character's hair and other stuff looks all pixel as well. Like little square dots. Smoothing options doesn't work in either one. I get random Stutterings which doesn't makes sense at all.

Hell, even Minecraft for windows 10 having black cave textures, lighting doesn't work right and stuff. And i have no idea how to fix it.

0 Likes

Go to WattMan and set the GPU frequency to -10%. So lower the frequency for the GPU. And then go to Marvel's Avengers. Is there the same error?

I've already did tried that. Sadly, it is same. The game itself has many visual glitches but that glitch is not normal and doesn't happen on everyone. 

Marvel's Avengers - YouTube  1:21:32 on the timeline. That's what i am experiencing. 

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling Windows Gamebar and Radeon Overlay? This error is caused by the driver.

Edit: This kind of graphics distortion usually occurs when the GPU core frequency is too high. I think this will not be a problem if you try by lowering the GPU core frequency with WattMan...

You also need to try a different monitor.

Edit: It is very important to try a monitor with HDMI or DP port without a converter adapter, because the new generation GPUs are configured for HDMI and DP compression.

Well, the things i've already tried is here 

6 - Checked if its because of my VGA to HDMI converter (and NO, i tried on PS4 and my friend's PC. It didn't gave any Stutter or FPS drop on them what-so-ever.)
8 - Downloading old drivers (Maybe i haven't found the best Version yet, so i am still open to try them.)
9 - Sent my CPU, GPU, Ram's to the warranty. Telling them what i've been experiencing. They found nothing at all.
10 - Undervolted my GPU. 
12 - Tried 1803 - 1809 Windows 10 versions. 
13 - Checked if its bottlenecking ( Which it isn't. ) 
14 - Closed XBOX/Radeon Overlay's and Game mode. 

0 Likes

The vast majority of problems you experience are most likely driver errors. I just wrote up the reason for the graphic distortion you shared and how you can fix it. In other words, you can solve the graphics problem you experience after 1 hour of gaming experience by lowering the GPU frequency with WattMan. The remaining problems are due to the game(s) and the driver(s).

CS-GO and COD issues are likely to be resolved by updates in the future. For this reason, I recommend you to use the latest Windows operating system and the latest driver.

Problems can be resolved by notifying AMD engineers with the game name(s), game setting(s) and all system information. So use this for notification... https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

But thanks for trying to help me anyways!  if you know some people who can help can you show this post please?

hardreset
Elite

Change CPU for next gen Ryzne 3600 

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.

That might be the case, but i can't really get a new CPU. I don't really have a budget for getting a new one for now sadly. However i can try to trade for used one and see what we can do. But again, i don't really think that Ryzen 5 2600X is that bad of a CPU that bottlenecks 5700. 

0 Likes

do you have the game installed? ssd or hdd

Tried in both, the same results. But right now, i have it on HDD. 

0 Likes

the game should be installed on SSD, but remember if you have 240gb SSD you must leave at least 10% free space on it

I will be going with my PC to the place where i've bought and show the problem on there. If my HDD is the problem, i'll be getting a new SSD. But if its something like an CPU, GPU. Then that will take some time. I am sure they will just give me an new RX 5700, but if i need to upgrade my CPU to 3600X, then it will take some time. 

Either way, i feel like i've done so many things already, including, again, undervolting my gpu, doing a clean windows 10 install, testing with only radeon driver without chipset drivers. and the list that is above. 

But i guess we will see...

0 Likes
neotax
Adept I

@red3481 for CoD MW try 

"go inside the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Call of Duty Modern warfare\players - open adv_options.ini - set VideoMemoryScale = 0.55"

and clean the DX Shader Cache on your windows

After playing for an 2 hours, i must say most of my fps drops are lowered. But it was still dropping and stuttering. All through it was more playable now. I hope there will be a perma-solution soon enough for RX 5700/XT users.

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

Try to enable antilag in the adrenalin 

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.

I've already done that. Even tried just going in default settings without opening anything. 

What i've tried so far?

6 - Checked if its because of my VGA to HDMI converter (and no, i tried on PS4 and my friend's PC.)
10 - Undervolted my GPU. 
12 - Tried Windows 10 1803 and 1809 Versions. 

0 Likes

Same problem and i don't know it is CPU or GPU problem

i have R7 2700x and RX 5700 XT

0 Likes

red3481 

try this and tell me your results even if you returned the card because i got the same issue and I RMAed my card and they didn't give me an answer until now it is been like a week

RX 5000 Series Common Issues & Possible Fixes 

0 Likes