Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

razorops
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 Still crashing with Green Screens/Black Screens

Jump to solution

More bad news Matt... So these are the steps I took to test if the crash would occur while having Hardware Acceleration disabled:

Firstly, I did a full wipe of the drivers since I was using version 19.7.5. This was done with running DDU in Safe Mode and I also checked the "Factory Reset" option while installing the newest driver - version 20.7.2.

I used the game Squad in all my testing.

The first test is to test if the crash would occur while playing the game with Discord/Chrome opened while Hardware Acceleration is enabled. The result of this test was a crash after ~5 minutes of gameplay/being idle in the main menu.

The second test was done with Discord/Chrome opened with Hardware Acceleration disabled in both of these programs. The crash did still occur after ~5 minutes of gameplay/being idle.

The third test was done with neither Discord nor Chrome running in the background (checked every process in Task Manager). The crash did still occur after ~5 minutes of gameplay/being idle.

UPDATE: I also tried running a synthetic test (FurMark) on 1920x1080 Fullscreen wtih 8x MSAA, and the crash still happened after ~6 minutes of run time.

UPDATE 2: Just had another black screen while the PC was not being used. The same thing happened as every time where I have to do a force shutdown. No errors in the Event Viewer as usual...

UPDATE 3: I downgraded to version 20.4.2 since version 20.7.2 was not stable at all and kept completely crashing my PC even when idle. After installing version 20.4.2 after DDU-ing the newer version I still encountered a crash while idle. I've now switched back to version 19.7.5 after doing another DDU.

0 Likes
razorops
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hey Matt, just wanted to share my latest finding. 

I'm currently on version 20.5.1.

I've been going through a bunch of forum posts and I've stumbled upon an advice saying that if you get a black screen (which I'm now getting when PC is idle), you can try hitting Win + Shift + Ctrl + B to reset the driver. I did this and it worked. Just wanted to let you know, maybe it helps. 

0 Likes
razorops
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've done a full Windows re-install using Windows 10 2004 booted onto a USB drive using Windows Media Creation Tool. I've not encountered any issues explained above after the clean install. Currently on Adrenaline 20.7.2.

locomixt1
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello! How are things going with your gpu? I'm on latest drivers and keep getting green screens randomly after some hours. I've got a 5600 xt tho'

0 Likes