Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tayguerr
Journeyman III

RX 5700 reference - strange fan issue when display is asleep

Hi,

I've noticed this issue going on for a few months now and I'm unsure what it might be related to. Whenever my PC's display goes to sleep, or if the monitor is powered off, my GPU fans fall down around zero, sit there for a few seconds, then return to normal for a few seconds, only for the process to repeat itself over and over. I'd say this isn't a big deal, if not for the noise this creates. The fan is mostly inaudible, except for when it initially ramps up, so I get this brief wind-up sound every 30 seconds that is extremely annoying. This basically means I have to keep my monitor powered on at all times, so I can't sleep with my PC on.

I've searched everywhere for similar experiences and can't find a thing. I've tried reinstalling drivers, multiple driver cleaners, using a custom fan profile, disabling all software, updating and tweaking BIOS settings (not sure how this could be related). Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
tayguerr
Journeyman III

I might have been able to capture some instances of this in log, although there doesn't seem to be any noticeable pattern to this behavior:

tayguerr_0-1620858389913.png

tayguerr_1-1620858410832.png

Oddly, it only seems to capture these occurrences in rare situations, even when it's happening every 30 seconds or so.

0 Likes

Hi Guys,

Here's a video of my problem:

https://youtu.be/fJ6EgGl9ye8

Thanks

0 Likes