• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 8G GDDR6
  • Desktop 
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2
  • Display Devices
    • ViewSonic XG2401 1920x1080 144Hz on DisplayPort - tested with HDMI and different cables. Freesync on and off 
    • Oculus Rift S on DisplayPort
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASRock AB350M Pro4 Bios Version 5.90
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 3.4GHz
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W 80+ Gold
  • RAM
    • Patriot Viper Steel 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 2400 MHz 

Describe your issue:

My card is plagued by black screens while gaming. I've tried many driver versions (using DDU), clean Windows install, different RAM, different PSU, and almost every idea that i found i this thread: https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 The best way to trigger black screen recently is to open Divinity: Original Sin 2, or Tabletop Simulator at settings described below and just wait 30-60 minutes. It happens in most of my games (Dota 2, NFS Heat, Half-life Alyx, DOOM 2016) after various amounts of playtime. The 20.4.2 drivers definitely reduced the amount of blackscreens (on previous drivers, sometimes 5 minutes of gameplay was enough to trigger it, many times in a row) but it didn't eliminate it. I've tested the Radeon™ Pro Drivers 20.Q1.2 and I think it solves the blackscreen issue, but it introduces intermittent flickering - there are black/grey screen flickers that happen in games. Really visible during Half Life: Alyx gameplay on Oculus Rift S making the game unplayable. I’ve experienced black screens on both quiet and performance BIOS. With my previous card (Radeon RX 470) there are no problems with my setup. I bought the card in January and the entire usage time was a nightmare. I've spent more time troubleshooting than actually playing. What should I do with the card? Is it a driver issue? Should I just RMA it? Game graphics settings below:

Divinity: The Original Sin 2 - 1920x1080 limited @ 60fps with Vsync and high details. SMAA on

Tabletop Simulator - Default settings,  1920x1080, Vsync off, AA off

Half Life: Alyx - Default settings (Low ingame) - Oculus Rift S

Dota 2 - 1920x1080 @ 144Hz - low settings, Vsync off, AA off

Doom - 1920x1080 @ 144Hz - high settings, Vsync off, AA off

0 Likes
1 Reply
gilus
Journeyman III

So I've RMA'd the card. Sapphire replaced it with a new one. It's here and it works. No blackscreens since. I strongly suggest to RMA the card if you still have blackscreens on the lastest drivers.

0 Likes