cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

windsurfer
Adept I

RX 5700, Display Port, Two AOC 24G2U Monitors, Linux

I am running (trying to) Linux Mint 19.2 (Ubuntu 18.04) with an RX 5700 and have two AOC 24G2U monitors connected via Display Port.

I have loaded the recommended AMDGPU drivers. Only one monitor is active.

Under System Settings | Display a single monitor is identified as a laptop display.

Are there setup requirements for the Rx 5700 and how can I access them?

0 Likes
1 Solution
windsurfer
Adept I

After some research, I found that I had the wrong drivers loaded. From the ArchLinux site I found that for any Radeon card the AMDGPU 19.3 drivers must be used.

Once that was fixed, everything tested worked well. I loaded FlightGear and found that displaying across both screens was as simple as dragging the bottom right corner of the application window to the right of the second screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
windsurfer
Adept I

After some research, I found that I had the wrong drivers loaded. From the ArchLinux site I found that for any Radeon card the AMDGPU 19.3 drivers must be used.

Once that was fixed, everything tested worked well. I loaded FlightGear and found that displaying across both screens was as simple as dragging the bottom right corner of the application window to the right of the second screen.

0 Likes

Hi windsurfer,

may you have a link to that archlinux site ? and did it fied it for you on linuxmint ?

0 Likes

This is the archlinux site https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU

I can't see the original reference.

You have to select the driver in the System Settings / Driver Manager.

I use Linux Mint 19.3 and it works very well with the RX5700 and the two

monitors.

Windsurfer

0 Likes