Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tgstine
Journeyman III

RX 5700 Code 43 on 19.12.1 to 20.4.2

Model: XFX RX 5700 (RX-RX57XL8M v1.0)

Installing any Radeon Software version above 19.11.3 results in the following error found in device manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I have tested this with every iteration of driver up to 20.4.2. Versions 19.11.3 and before work without issue. I have tried the factory reset option during driver installation, uninstalling the software completely, and using DDU to remove the display drivers entirely. The fan will typically ramp up and stay at a high RPM when the driver has failed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
hanzy1
Journeyman III

Hello,

it was a problem with Saphire RX5700 for me, I download the AMDFlash utilty and the latest firmware from Techpower repository (VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp pls save current firmware first of all), reboot machine and everything became perfect...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hanzy1
Journeyman III

Hello,

it was a problem with Saphire RX5700 for me, I download the AMDFlash utilty and the latest firmware from Techpower repository (VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp pls save current firmware first of all), reboot machine and everything became perfect...

That fixed it! Sorry for such a delay, since my original post the system has been using the old driver and was out of my possession. It found it's way back to me quickly after what seemed like a Windows update caused that driver to fail as well.

The firmware update ran without a hitch, and I was able to upgrade to the latest driver without any problems. Thanks a ton!

0 Likes