I have been using the Asus dual Evo RX 5700 for the last 8 months approx. In the beginning, the card was running smoothly had no issues. But for the last couple of months, I have been getting frequent black screens, for which I have to reboot my pc. Sometimes the black screen just flickers and the screen goes back to normal after 3-4 seconds while most of the time the driver crashes and I have to reboot. This mostly happens when I am gaming and doing renderings in lumion. In most cases, it happens when I am rendering. These issues didn't occur at the first. I am currently on the latest driver which is Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL).
Stuffs I did to solve the issue:
1. Rollback to previous drivers (performed cleanly with DDU)
2. Used slimmer
3. Disable enhanced sync, free sync, and other functions
5. Reducing boost frequency
6. Trying all 4 different performance advisors
7. Keeping fans at 100 speed always as heating could be an issue
8. Updating the latest version of bios on the motherboard
9. Updating all my device drivers
10. Tried the Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise as it is said to work for design-related software.
11. Win + Shift + Ctrl + B to reset the driver
None of the above-mentioned stuff worked out. As the card was working fine at first I think it's mostly the driver's fault. But rolling back didn't help. Are there any specific drivers which is stable enough? I was wondering if the power supply could be an issue. The system is running on 550W Thermaltake Lite power series. But if that's the case how come it ran smoothly while it was newly bought.
My other specs are:
Intel i7-7000 processor
Asus Strix B250f motherboard
2x Adata 4 gb 2400MHz Ram
1x 1Tb HDD
1x 300GB HDD
1x 240GB Sata SSD M.2
550 W Thermaltake lite power series (power supply)
Any solution to what I can do. At this point of time, I don't even want to RMA it due to the shortage of GPU and there's a possibility that the seller will just return back the money rather than replacing it.
do you use windows? if yes check if your windows is in selective mode if it is put in normal startup because with the selective mode on windows does not recognize drivers.