cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RX 570 + Foxconn H61MX = No Post/Black Screen

Used a gtx 670 before, and it was fine. Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers, plugged in rx 570 (msi armour 8gb oc edition), no post beep, black screen. Plug monitor in integrated graphics connector, went in and enabled safe mode plus disable Intel HD 4000 graphics. Shut down comp. Plug in rx 570. Black screen no post. Set the graphic adapter in bios to PEG. No luck. Reset cmos, by jumper and by battery removal. No luck. If you can help that would be wonderful. 

Yes I remembered to plug in 8 pin power connector. Tried both sets (Psu = corsair cx500). Fan runs on video card, but computer won't detect it plugged in. 

Help? Eternal appreciation. 

Win 10 x64 build 1803

Lastly, if I wipe windows and reinstall a new version, would it help at all? 

Also, according to http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/ATI/R-500_Series/Radeon_RX_570_8GB/3878/Compatible_Motherboards

My Mobo should have support for this video card... it's bios is revision 4.0

I think my motherboard has the option for UEFI because I can choose "UEFI" as the initial boot device, followed by my SSD as the 2nd. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Usual suspect is to reseat the video card in the pcie slot. Unplug and replug the monitor cable.

Check for fan spin up on video card at first power on afterwards.

0 Likes

As stated in original post, the fans do both spin during power on. So I don't think it's a power issue. 

0 Likes

Still sounds like pcie isn't seated all the way. Or more strangely, it might be in the wrong slot. Intel can be fiddly. On the motherboard, there's only one, ignore this.

Its possible that you might be able to test the card in a lower 1x or 4x slot but the back end of the slot would need to be open ended.... tnot possible on your board.

Now, you shouldn't need to uninstall windows and start over.  Actually, You can just plug into the igpu and try to restart the system as is.

If you're not getting past basic post, there's no power on beep from the MB, and you're plugged into the igpu, then you should regain control of the bios without having to clear cmos.

I did this all the time on older i5 machines from Dell and similar. The Intel igpu will turn back on when there's no pcie GPU detected, no need to clear cmos to get it back, even if you disabled it before you shutdown to install or after you installed and booted.

Otherwise you're saying its hanging on post. Regain control,  use the igpu if possible and disable fast boot and quiet post.

Lots of edits*

0 Likes

I solved it. I just updated my bios, but that in itself was an adventure because my previous bios was from a manufacturer, not from the actual mobo maker.