cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eliveltonz
Adept I

Rx 570 Driver download without amd adrenalin software

Does anyone know if it has and how to just get the driver for the Rx 570 card without this junk software from amd adrenalin that always gives the "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure " problem, because I'm already sick of this pig software that always makes the fan curve that I put stop and heat up again at 90º.
thank you

Alguem sabe se tem e como apenas obter o driver da placa Rx 570 sem esse lixo de software da amd adrenalin que sempre da o problema de "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure  ", pois já estou de saco cheio desse software porco que sempre faz a curva de fan que eu coloco parar e voltar a esquentar a 90º.
obrigado

1 Solution
msnimbus
Adept II

I struggled with this too - in the newer driver version there is no option for custom install. This is how I did it, but FYI I still had a blackscreen crash but I was using ASUS GPU Tweak (to fix the default fan curve which is way too low, also have an RX570) and there have been many reports of this causing crashes too. I don't know how to adjust the fan curve without using some kind of GPU control software.

1.) download the AMD software and start the install. The first thing it does is just extract the files, take note of the file path, it's usually something like c:\amd I think

2.) After it has done the first step you get another screen with buttons at the bottom that say "cancel" and "install". Select "cancel"

3.) Open device manager, find the display driver and select "update driver" and then choose the option to install from your computer (not search online)

4.) Browse to the folder it extracted things to and make sure the box is checked to include sub-folders and update. Windows should find the driver in there and install it.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

When asked, do a custom installation and install the drivers only.

0 Likes
msnimbus
Adept II

I struggled with this too - in the newer driver version there is no option for custom install. This is how I did it, but FYI I still had a blackscreen crash but I was using ASUS GPU Tweak (to fix the default fan curve which is way too low, also have an RX570) and there have been many reports of this causing crashes too. I don't know how to adjust the fan curve without using some kind of GPU control software.

1.) download the AMD software and start the install. The first thing it does is just extract the files, take note of the file path, it's usually something like c:\amd I think

2.) After it has done the first step you get another screen with buttons at the bottom that say "cancel" and "install". Select "cancel"

3.) Open device manager, find the display driver and select "update driver" and then choose the option to install from your computer (not search online)

4.) Browse to the folder it extracted things to and make sure the box is checked to include sub-folders and update. Windows should find the driver in there and install it.

thank you very much, I hadn't thought of that.

for interest's sake I'd love to know if this worked for you

0 Likes

For RX 5700 XT i believe nothing is gonna work even in later drivers AMD said they fixed all black screen which is obviously a lie.

Look What i tried:

Re-installed Windows -> Failed
Updated Bios & Clean Installed Chipset Drivers -> Failed
Disabled hardware acceleration -> Failed

Used DDU in Safe Mode & Re-installed Latest Drivers -> Failed
Installed Driver Only Through Device Manager -> Failed
Installed Older Driver -> Failed

Restored All Overclocked Settings -> Failed

Tried High Power Performance Profile in Windows 10 -> Failed

Bought A New Displayport Cable -> Failed

Tested My CPU - RAMS And The Fans And They Are Completely Fine.
Switched to HDMI Cable -> Succeeded.

Even After That HDMI Worked it causes green screen freeze crash with Some Old/ V-sync Game

LOL final deduction says it is an architecture issue which can't be fixed through Drivers.

I Gonna Try RMA this is gonna be a tough one. i will have a duel showdown with the retailer.

0 Likes

yeah, from the thousands of posts online from what sound like pretty technically competent people struggling with the RX 5000 XT I think you're probably right. I really feel your pain, trying to fix my issues has taken all my free time for the past few weeks and I am honestly just fed up. I wish you the best of luck with the RMA, I think it's completely reasonable. I have never heard of people struggling so much with new hardware. I'm back to working on my trusty laptop with Nvidia card for now

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

msnimbus

Just Unpack The Driver Package Like Usual then Go To Device Manager Under Display Adapters Right Click Your GPU

Properties -> Switch To Driver Tab -> Update Driver and locate your unpacked files and let it do it's Magic

0 Likes

yep, same thing

0 Likes

I'M Afraid it is gonna be the same thing for the issues too. I'm Truly Sorry AMD but this is the last time i'm gonna see one of your GPUs. I Will Continue Supporting Your CPUs though they are good so far. please don't screw this up.

I feel you

0 Likes