Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wizard1337
Journeyman III

RX 570 driver causing black screen and freezing

Hey,

When i have the RX 570 Driver installed if i do anything slightly intensive such as open chrome or launch a game such as rust- my pc will freeze for a second then go black for a few seconds and then back to normal with chrome, but in the case of games such as rust the game crashes.

But when i uninstall the amd driver and use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the issue never happens, i can launch chrome and any games perfectly fine. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this!! 

0 Likes
10 Replies
ScotchFury
Challenger

Have you tried running the AMD GPU Driver removal tool? That ensures that the driver & software are completely removed. Then try installing GPU Driver again..?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Failing that check that your GPU clock & memory speeds are at stock & not OC'd boosted speeds.

Also, have you upgraded to this card since installing WIN? Or was the GPU in the system when installing the OS..?

@wizard1337 wrote:

Hey,

When i have the RX 570 Driver installed if i do anything slightly intensive such as open chrome or launch a game such as rust- my pc will freeze for a second then go black for a few seconds and then back to normal with chrome, but in the case of games such as rust the game crashes.

But when i uninstall the amd driver and use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the issue never happens, i can launch chrome and any games perfectly fine. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this!! 

0 Likes

Hey,  i recently re-installed windows with this gpu installed and the issue still persists,

i have already tried a full driver uninstall and reinstall with another software and the issue still occurs but i will try the amd one and get back to you.

0 Likes

Have you gotten anything figured out? I am having the same issue since yesterday and haven't gotten anything to work. I've gone as far as a full reset on windows and the whole driver reinstallation.

I should clarify, my screen isn't blacking out but windows shut off the RX 570 driver because it noticed "problems" so now I'm limited to around 10fps or lower when gaming

0 Likes

no i havent been able to fix this :( - and the driver clean didnt fix it

0 Likes
backache
Adept I

Make sure your system paging is set to auto and also windows TDR is set to higher value, otherwise when GPU gets out of vRAM it crashes the driver thus blacks screens. Happens on Nvidia too but rarely. 

0 Likes

Hey thanks for your help, i tried both of those - paging was set to auto and increased the tdr to 60- but the issue still persists 

0 Likes

i have emailed amd asking about this issue, anyone else having this issue? or anyone know how long they usually take to reply? thanks

0 Likes

same issue happening to me , plz if urs is solved i can use ur help ty

0 Likes

Check if your TDR value is set too low .

Also make sure your RAM compatibility especially if it's a AMD CPU .

Black screen is caused when GPU driver crashes or if GPU gets out of VRAM

0 Likes
roma2341
Newcomer

If someone is having the same problem, then one of the possible solutions is to check the 2 power cables that are connected to the video card. In my case, one of them was poorly connected, so the video card did not receive the necessary power, so a black screen appeared when the video card was loaded more than 10%. It's strange that tech support didn't advise you to do this. This is not the first time I am convinced that AMD does not care about its clients.

0 Likes